Friday, 7 January 2011
Twenty Eleven.
My gosh, it HAS been awhile.
I'm sorry for the lack of updates but really, I'm too lazy nowadays to write. But since the mood to write is finally here, and I kid you not it might only last for a few minutes so I better make use of the mood now.
Hi peeps.
I know I'm 7 days late but heck, happy new year! This year marks my 3rd year blogging in blogspot. Alhamdulillah, we are still here today, sharing experiences and perhaps learn a thing or two from one another. I wish that in 2011, life will treat you kind, achieve whatever it is that you wish for and succeed in everything that you do.
I've been reading many resolutions being written all over the internet, be it via blogs, fb status, twitter and so on and it got me thinking about it - what is it that I really want to achieve this year?
So I started to pen down my resolutions in my new organizer which was a gift from my sister. It was one from our favourite stationary store in London.
Anyways, back to my resolutions.
I personally feel this year's resolutions has got to be realistic, instead of those ideallistic in nature. Perhaps too, these new resolutions come with age and maturity. I don't intend to write or list everything here because I realized that my thoughts can be your thoughts too, my wants can become your wants too. Therefore, less is more. No, no, I'm not stingy, but let's just say, I'm avoiding myself from being an exposé.
This year, I want to be more selfish. Selfish in the sense that I only want to be surrounded by positive and happy people who makes me happy. I've come to a point where I have had a fair share of high school dramas (even after high school respectively). If you don't like me, that's fine. We can never please everybody. Just stay away from each other because clearly I don't need you in my life, neither you need me in yours. In that way, it's a win win situation.
There's a whole list of recipes to learn from. I'll make sure I'll learn to cook more than ever before. Amongst others, I'm going to learn how to cook asam pedas, laksa asam, laksa johor, soto, nasi ayam, nasi tomato, nasi lemak, daging kicap, ayam pedas, kuah pindang, asam rebus, sup ekor, sup ikan, mee bandung.
Right. That's where cooking is involved. When it comes to baking, I intend to actually make pavlova, chocolate lava, cream puffs and eclairs, banana cake, butter cake, moist chocolate cake and cream caramel.
Yes, the whole list up there is gonna cost be a bomb. That leads me to ...
Finances. Starting this month, I will make sure that I will stay committed to manage my credit card and increase my forced savings. In that way, Insya Allah, not only that I will be able to buy my wishlist items (which has also been substantially reduced in terms of number of things), but also I have savings for my rainy days. After all, this year is the starting year for us to pay our housing loan so no more impulse buys for me *amin*
The rest .. ahhh that's just for me and my organizer to know.
Life is all about planning, especially when you're a growing adult. One thing for sure, one thing at a time :)
May Allah guide us to become better and better, wallahuallam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Zaaa.... I totally wanna be selfish in the sense that I want to be surrounded by positive & happy people. You know why right. Take care love! Hope to see u soon! I miss korg so badly.
I miss you too! :(
Post a Comment