So last week I checked off one item on the baking list. I baked banana cake!
Not to boast or anything but I think it tasted quite good *phew* (although the cake cracked much). My cousin and husband - being huge fans of banana cakes, became my very own food critiques and they too confirmed to what I tasted. It was "sedappp" as said by them. In fact, Hashley ate most of it. Hehe. Thanks for being such a good sport Say :)
Maybe I'll try to bake butter cake next. Once I've mastered this, cupcakes will follow suit. Wee.
Signing off,
Bakerella :p
4 comments:
Yay! Can u bake this for me the next time I come back? I'll balas with my mini cupcakes. Hehe. I wanna master Aunty Rat's choc pavlova by the end of the year!
Of course! I can't wait! Btw Di I found another recipe of pavlova which I'm going to surprise all of you here nanti :))))
Your banana cake looks very moist and fluffy - that's good.
A professional baker once told me that if the top of your cakes crack, it's because the oven is too hot. When you put your batter inside the oven, the cake will rise up too fast because of the initial heat, thus cracking.
So maybe just bake the cake at a lower temperature (experiment! :D you can start with decreasing it by 10 degrees at a time.
fie: thanks for the feedback :) really appreciate your tip! will try them the next time!
Post a Comment