That's right. I'm still on the same page. I thought I told you that this is my current favourite (thinking) topic.
Investment as I understand, generally means the purchasing of a valuable product (subject matter may vary) with an expectation that such product will give a favourable return in future.
Investment in my definition, however, is clear cut simple:
1. doing (including buying) something with money in hopes to make more money; and
2. doing a certain thing for the betterment of thyself.
With regards to the former, as I've mentioned, I am in the midst of arranging things out only waiting to execute the plan in actual. Will only tell you once things are on the go.
In terms of investing for the betterment of myself, well ... apart from investing in the physical entity by purchasing a house or material things, I would also like to invest into my own wisdom and knowledge, my akhirat "bank account" and my overall well being. It can be quite arduous, I know but I believe after taking the first step, things will work out fine, insya Allah.
So my little effort comes into the picture.
Within the span of two months, I invested into one thing to be accounted to my 'Wisdom & Knowledge" account and the other into my "Akhirat" account.
I invested in :
There you go my clever readers, that's where my money goes to besides buying shoes and all that jazz.
That cover you see is this month's and my very first issue of RD. What a perfect beginning to it, ain't it? Seems like Readers Digest Asia has been reading my mind. Hehe.
And now I am also officially a Friend of UNICEF for "providing continuous support to save children in Malaysia and around the world through (my) regular gift (donation). (I) am helping to create a world fit for children."
How satisfying can that be? It may be a small sum of contribution but it sure is something to these needful kids. Being empathetic, guilty and not doing anything about it is a waste of time, feeling and thinking.
So when the Unicef social worker approached me, I agreed instantaneously and did all the necessary signings.
Moral of the story is in life, we need to have a balance. Whatever we do, we have to have balance. It's not always about money or making more money, it's also about what you do with your money in the right direction. I know overspending is a sin and I am no exception to that. I admit that I sometimes (okay maybe not sometimes but more than sometimes haha) spend or do things that are absolutely unnecessary but trust me, that's my own issue to deal with. I intend to invest more of my time with my loved ones. Invest my money also to those in need. Invest for my own "self-investment". I believe, with all these that I mentioned, God willing, I will have a full fledge investment.
Therefore, if you have always wanted to do something, seize the moment and take action. Life's too short before you know it.
Now ... when ever am I going to invest into exercising? *slumps around*
5 comments:
Zaaaaa! Investing in RD is definitely worth it. I've been a fan since my late grandpa introduce it to me since primary school. Now it's my must have item in my bag besides money, ipod and handphone. Kurangi boredeom of waiting for lecturers and patients. Hehe. Btw, dtg la holiday kat sini lagi!
diiiiii! :) kan? it's such a good read. there are so many food to feed the brain! tu laaa i nak di tapi i cant at least by end of the year sebab i nak gi phuket in january, end of feb gi hantar bibik balik surabaya, may nak gi london and euro trip! fara's getting married in may please come with usssss! we wanna do paris, rome and amsterdam (insya Allahhhhh) come come!
i mean end of next year's end of the year. hee peace!
I've been active in Unicef, Uncroc when I got myself involved in early childhood education in nz. and I've realize how much malaysia need to change for their children.
I believe our generation can make that change!
Insya Allah, we can! :)
Post a Comment