Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Money Matters.


Off late, my mind is always busy thinking about money .. and making more money. It's like that's the first thing I'd think about right after getting ready to work, something I'd think about during work (like shoosh ... no money ... I want to buy that top [re: online blog shops] lol), and something I'd think about ... regardless of time!

I know it might give you the impression that I'm penny-less. Well, sometimes I can be, like ... right about now maybe? Haha. Usually I'm broke or almost broke when I have an extra agenda in that particular month. For instance, if I'm traveling in that month or should any emergencies occur.

You see, it's not like money is everything to me and you've got to believe that. I'm neither the kind of a person who'd marry a guy just for money sake nor I am the kind that wants money just to fulfill my desires of buying all possible clothes, branded items in the whole wide world. I stand strong on to believing that money serves for all kind of purposes.

But it would be a total lie if I'd say I'm not interested with designer items like Chanel (number one, always), LV, Prada, Longchamp, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Bimba & Lola, Ferragamo, Chloe, ohh you name it. Of course I do, I'm a woman in every sense and (normal) women dig these things. On top of that, women can never have enough bags, shoes and clothes. There's never enough little black dresses or shoes of every kind - pumps, strappy heels, wedges, oxfords, flats, peep toes, open toes,so many more. It's just women nature, I guess. For me, I'm all for practicality. I've got to have shoes that's right for every occasion *excuses hehe*

Okay hold up, hold up. This isn't about shoes, clothes etc. This will be in another post someday. Lol.

Back on money.

As I said, I firmly believe that money serves for all kind of purposes. At present, I'm thinking more into how to make extra money and investing because not only that I have quite a long list of fixed and committed expenses, I would like to contribute more into my savings. Fyi, I pay for my own car (thank god it's going to be over in about 2 years time), insurances, my PTPTN, my telephone bill, credit card bills, broadband, a few others and soon .. my own house. Yeap, that's right. I bought a house already (!!!) Alhamdulillah. We are in the midst of choosing the best financier at the moment. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, kindly share them with me. I'd be happy to hear some feedbacks :))

So yeah, at the end of the day - and 'day' meaning 'on the same day as the day my pay cheque is transacted' - the amount of money left will be just a wee bit for me to keep for rainy days, petrol, toll and food with such a minimum amount left for one of the basic ingredients of happiness ie. shopping! And you know how tempting online blogshops can be right? (Don't get me started on this one now)

I know, quite pening right but if I don't start investing in properties now, I may never buy anyways. Now, the price of houses can be quite ridiculously expensive and might just put your dream of buying a house to halt but the one that we bought is syukur alhamdulillah, quite reasonable for an end lot simply because on top of the 7% discount for Bumiputras, we are also entitled for an additional 3% discount for being civil servants. Yay times ten!

Besides that, surrounding myself around my FILs who are very much business oriented just influences me to become one too. I have considerably three business plans in my mind already just waiting to execute it. When, you ask? That's the thing. To take the first step ain't difficult on this one. All I've got to have first is ... my capital.

Gaji, bila nak masuk niiiiiiiiiiii?! Hehe.

Soon you shall see. It's nothing big or spectacular and I'm an avid believer of humble beginnings, bigger endings (I hope so, insya Allah). So just watch this space.

In the mean time, I swear .. waiting for the 25th October to arrive feels like the longest time ever!

Ps: Try checking out one of my best friends' blog on PhD. No, not the one with Doctorate. The other one. It's a good read. Well said, Shi. Thank you for reminding me of the things that are more important and worthy of my time. See girls, you are who you mix with. Alhamdulillah, my peeps are awesome :) Click here to read further.

10 comments:

Rashida Rafar said...

business ape?? if i ada duit, nak invest 7%! im currently thinking of the same thing babe. business it is! makan gaji not enuf for us with BIG appetite kan? ehhehe.

Phd tu penyakit. but it can still be cured u know ;)

Zaznuriah said...

hehe. nanti kita talk via whatsapp k! :) yeap. BIG appetite as in tekak appetite and fashion appetite :p

about phd, i shall reserve my comments. hehehe.

two_one said...

the bestest savings scheme i can suggest is ASB. if u can afford to get finance for RM25k or RM50k (better yet RM200k and kasi penuh terus itu ASB), at the end of a full year, the dividend declared is usually around the same amount as you put into for that year. So it means that you get back double for the amount that you saved. it's a bit complicated to be explained in a comment. nanti bila jumpa kita cerita. :)

Zaznuriah said...

adam, i know about ASB but as of now, i don't think i can commit to that. i would if i could but not now. maybe bila i dah naik 48 kot. better late than never, right?

goblogbyfarah said...

property investment is the best among all. bestnya u dah beli rumah. untungkan civil servant, easy to make loan plus ada discount lagi :)

Zaznuriah said...

farah: yeap, it's a huge achievement for me. i can't wait to buy another one within the next ten years! :)

aimiee said...

from my pov...lol! (lawyer on the other end..hahaha!)

Financier, since you're working with the gov. go to BPP...they offer one of the best offers for you.

:) other than that...banks...Islamic or Conventional? lemme know... ;)

i'll break it down for you... :D

Zaznuriah said...

aims: BPP? what's that? i'm up for both actually. whichever is more appealing hehe.

aimiee said...

Bahagian Pinjaman Perumahan la awak... ;p

nanti i check the best rate around for you ok? and kita discuss2...but in the mean time, bila free...sila ke precint 2 dahulu..hehe

;) xx

cdalan said...

investment on property, terbaekk!
u beli rumah kat mana? try look for ocbc.