Monday, 6 September 2010

25 Things on 25th Bday.


Alhamdullilah, on 6th Sept, I turned 25 and yeap, you got that right, it's a quarter of a century's age and that means.. I'm turning big three 0's in 5 years time.

I'm supposed to act wiser as per the saying, 'a year older, a year wiser', yes? Lol.

Syukur Alhamdullilah, I have my utmost gratitude to Allah swt for the 25 years of life that he has given me. I pray for panjang umur, murah rezeki, sihat tubuh badan, dilimpahi rahmat di dunia dan akhirat, for me to serve Him better in the years to come as I aspire to become a better muslimah. Insya Allah. Above all others, I thank my mother (and pa, always) for raising me up, tolerating my whims and fancies and grooming me to become a better person everyday. I love you both. And not forgetting, Bibik, my real nenek, for being my pillar of strength, my mainstay, keeping me sane all the time. Of course, my wonderful Hashley, my bestfriend, my husband and all the friends (you know who you are) for everything that you love or hate about me hehe. I love you all much much.

In conjunction of my birthday, I would like to commemorate 25 random things that I've accomplished/failed/experienced in the last 25 years (in no particular order)
  1. Did not attend kindy school more than 2 months. I was a hardcore anti-social. Pfft. My parents private tutored me at home prior to primary school (since I didn't want to attend kindies). Mom taught me ABCs and how to read, Pa taught me math.
  2. Only had one side piercing when I was a kid and was so afraid of going to the dentist. I couldn't stand pain. Manja, you know? Lol.
  3. Enrolled into Sekolah Sri Petaling (SSP) in 1992 - 1997. Made mom wait outside of my class for one whole month. I love my mamaaaaaaaa. At this school too is where I met my husband, my bestfriends whom I kept close with till today - Ems, Fara, Nurul, Fars, Mel, Dot, Adeq, Jim, Hisham.
  4. Had my first crush at 9 years old. Hish, you reading this? Lol.
  5. Had my first "boyfriend zaman kanak-kanak" at the age of 12. Bahaha.
  6. Scored a goal medal for bowling tournament at 12 and was a long jumper, believe it or not. You think I lembik is it?
  7. Sucked big time at high jump except if main lompat getah. Hehe.
  8. Enjoyed after school hours swimming at Ehsan Ria Condo, riding bicycle, skateboards, roller blades, roller skates (my Barbie roller skates okayy) with my friends and we'd walk to Summers for some Rocky Roads.
  9. At Std 5, we won 1st at Pesta Senirama with our Seribu Impian dance choreographed by none other than our famous Aunty Farah Sulaiman.
  10. Went to NUMEROUS concerts. MJ, BEP, Jason Mraz, Usher, Alicia Keys, Muse, Kings of Convenience, Pink Martini, Incubus, so much more! Also met a number of celebs like MJ and famous people like Tun Dr Mahathir.
  11. Enrolled to Sri Aman Girls School for secondary. Was in 1 Gigih, 2 Fasih, 3 Jasa, 4 Kemanusiaan Damai and 5 Kemanusiaan Damai. Arts stream - took Econs, Account, Commerce and Arts for SPM. I have been an AJK Keceriaan, Setiausaha Rumah Merah, Ketua Tingkatan for 2 years, AJK Lembaga Ketua Tingkatan, cheerleader, dancer/performer, Setiausaha Kelab Kebudayaan, AJK Kelab Kaunseling, joined bowling club, tennis club and of course, Pandu Puteri 1st & 7th and many others. Like GK (gila kuasa) a bit kan? Hahaha.
  12. Lost my dearest dad when I was 14. The worst thing that has ever happened to me. Al-fatihah.
  13. Did I ever tell you that I was a HARD CORE The Moffatts' fan? We went to the extent of taking a room at JWW Marriott (the hotel where they stayed) so we could be close? Sat on Scott's lap, hugged Bob (my fav) for more then 3 minutes and hugged all of them. I was living a dream! Haha. We also formed a pseudo company/enterprise/biz named S Production that sells handmade stuff in conjunction of us Seven being so madly in love with the Moffatts. Rotfl!
  14. First love at 15. Gila puppy love punya. Haha.
  15. Hated Kemahiran Hidup subject cuz I hated the teacher for being so garang. I remember sending my apron to be sewn by my aunty because I wanted it to be perfect. Pressure dalam class tu wei.
  16. God knows how much I hated Math that I once (maybe a couple?) failed math exam. Grrrr. See why I read law? No maths people, no maths.
  17. Was in Multimedia University in Melaka branch for a month. Did Alpha in Accountings whilst waiting for IPTA offers. I guess that one month was loaded with fun, kan Suri? :)))
  18. Got offered to Law Faculty, UiTM but was sent to Sg. Petani, Kedah for induction. Gila hulu mana, takde line, bau getah yucks and super far from mom. I asked for transfer to UiTM Shah Alam campus after a week in SP cuz I just had to be near to mom. At that time, our family was still shaken by the passing of my dad so I just had to be near my mom in case if she needs me, I could be there in a jiffy. And guess what, Hashley got enrolled to the same. Big time LOL.
  19. Managed to score dean's list for four times. Mooted twice, appeared before the late YA Augustine Paul, YA James Foong, YA Kader Musa, Sulaiman Kadir, Ahmad Shafie, Komander Azhari etc. Also met YAA Datuk Gopal Sri Ram. It was an exhilarating experience, to be paired with my good old brova Zain Jeng twice, to be coached by experienced seniors and Mr. Rizal and wife. Thank you!
  20. Was involved in a serious relationship for three years only to find that that was the one before The One. Above all, that relationship taught me the most, in all senses, that Allah works in mysterious ways.
  21. Became a senior partner to Zaznuriah & Partners during Hons. Solicitors Account omyyy that one was a motherrrr. Haha. Loads of good and also bad memories within a span of one year :)
  22. Won best dressed three times! One at my high school prom, one at my girlfriend's white theme party and one at our law school's annual law dinner. One of the prizes that I have received was a set of Salvatore Ferragamo's perfume set. Not bad ay?
  23. Got two new bestfriends - Zabran and Zara :))))))
  24. Once told Hashley that he will never be with me in fear that the bestfriendship will be ruined but guess what, the bestfriendship extended to a marriage and it has been wonderrrful, alhamdulilah :) I love you Sayy.
  25. I have gone through rough and tough, sweet and pretty things in life. Alhamdulilah, I have lived 25 years of age. I am thankful in the truest sense of the word.

There you go. 25 things. Bring on the many years to come! *Insya Allah aminn hehe* :)

5 comments:

elyse said...

kak
saya suka baca blog akak
one way to improve english :)

kak, wish u hav a greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat things ahead

amin

Zaznuriah said...

hi cik elyse! thank you so much for liking my blog and compliments dear! likewise, may you have the best too! :D

Suri (Bukan Nama Sebenar) said...

Hahaha. Yes we did Za, dengan sakit perutnya la, everyweek balik rumah, late night talk. Hehehe. Miss that :)))

goblogbyfarah said...

happy belated 25th birthday zaza.
may all ur dreams come true.
can't wait to see the 'preggy zaza'!hehe :P

Zaznuriah said...

suri: ehehehe. kan? sampai bila bila i akan ingat didi jaga kita :) so suweeeet hehe! i miss that too! one day kita gi melaka bawak i gi rumah sana boleh?

farah: thanks dear! hehe aminnn :))