Friday, 23 July 2010

The Grand Reception - A Majestic Story.


I know it's prolly tad a bit too late and basi already, but I'm still pretty determined to keep up to my own words. After all, I want to have every moment of our special days be kept, remembered and who knows, for my kids to read in future.

So the 6th June 2010, Sunday was our grand reception. I don't mean to brag when I used the word "grand", instead, I look at it in the way that the event was majestic. Perhaps because of the traditional Malay wedding theme, the larger crowd, perhaps also the combination of colours or it was just the whole mood and ambience of the night that made it ... majestic.

As we arrive at the hall, the first thing that captured my attention was my dais. I fell in love yet again. It was simple yet almost regal. Syukur Alhamdulilah, it turned out right with such minim cost. Hee.

At 10.30am, we had our rehearsals with the assistance of Raja Muda Perak's Protocol Officer. Since HRH was coming, it's essential that we get the whole works right. If not, malu lah kan (So many pressure with protocols, I swear!) Hubster and I then headed home to get our stuff and back in DPF again.

Kak Nurin who did my mom's, sisters', and Ems's make up came early at 430pm. Ayang Kamell came at 530pm sharp to do my mine. Ayang's professionalism put me in awe! Aside from understanding what his customer wants, his make up maneuverability and soft spoken voice, he knew what to do the moment he steps in. From A to Z, he mastered everything and I just had to sit down and chillex :) (of course, my husband had more time to hang out. I was taken away from him for 2 hours hehe) Then it was his time to get ready. It only took him 10 minutes to do his face and 30 minutes to get dressed. Must be easy being a man. Hehe.

By 745 we were all ready. At 8, Hash and I were made to pay our courtesy call to HRH and the VIPs in the waiting room. Boyy, I was nervous or what! Nak smile pun macam menggigil hahaha. When we were taking the formal picture with the VIPs, HRH Tuanku Zara asked me if I was wearing a corset and I said yes. She then said, "Don't forget to breathe okay? That's why I never liked corsets. I insist on not having one for my wedding." That made me smile naturally after that. Haha. She's so genuine, the epitome of a beautiful woman. Not only that she is gorgeous, but she's also smart, kindhearted and comfortable in her own skin.

Hash and I then headed downstairs. We stationed ourselves at the arch together with our pretty flower girls, maid of honor and grooms man. Then came the sound of kompang and off we go. I looked at Hash and smiled. We walked down the aisle with our heads up, smiling, eyes straight at the dais. Everything just looked so beautiful. I love the fact that I was walking down the aisle with Hash. Over and over again. I was in utter bliss.

Btw, my family's tradition of bersanding is the kind that does not tolerate bride and groom going all cool and gaga while walking down the aisle and sitting on the pelamin. We are to walk, talk and sit properly, no hellos, waves, winks or something to that effect. In fact, I couldn't agree more with them. Because as much as everything looked pretty, when the bride and groom does anything else but walking straight and smiling, things just look a bit messy. It's as good as breaking the rules of bersanding, but really, this is just my humble opinion.

Back to the story. We stopped just before we escalated the stairs to give our respect ie sembah to HRH. Then comes bersanding. Seriously, sitting up straight for 30 minutes with tight corset on was a pain! Poor baby he had quite a tough time up there. Guys being guys, susah kot nak duduk straight, kaki rapat and smile at the same time. But Hash really, really looked good that night. He was dashing.

After merenjis was all over then it was dinner time. Hash and I didn't sit next to each other - he sat next to HRH Tuanku Zara and I sat next to HRH Raja Nazrin and we had a good chat, he in fact asked me why I didn't invite him to the akad nikah ceremony lol. Anyways, the food was awesome, the music by Balle Balle Entertainment was great, everything was perfect to my eyes. Oh, I almost forgot! My uncle and aunty surprised me with Jamal Abdillah singing at the reception! He sang two numbers - both traditional Malay wedding songs. Perfect choice of song with perfect singer that go along with the wedding theme. Thanks Uncle Max!

Sighhh, alhamdulilah, everything was beautiful. I know, I've been repeating that quite frequently but that's how I see it. My mom was beautiful, so was my sister, cousins, friends and family. Tak tau la kenapa, but everything was cantik. Syukur alhamdulillah. I was counting my blessing all through the night!

It was then montage time. Yay! I loved, loved the video! Manggis did an awesome job. Please please hire them if you have the extra moolah? You won't regret it, I'm a hundred percent sure.

Soon after, my best friends - Ems & Nurul gave a speech and then my parents. I must say that Hash and I were so touched with all the speeches. Forever we will remember those sound advises in our hearts. You should know that we both love each and everyone of you.

After all the heartfelt speeches, it was time to cut the cake. I chose "Because of You" by Kyla as our wedding song as every word in the lyrics was how I feel for Hashley *whispers Ilyb!* We then proceeded to the door to thank the guests for coming and had an abundance of photos taken after.

Ahhh.. all the hustle and bustle, dramas and 8 months of planning have all been materialized over in three nights. Syukur Alhamdulillah, everything turned out well albeit a little hiccups here and there. Everything was perfect to my eyes. Perfect man, perfect family, perfect wedding. I would never, ever trade this for anything in the world. I'm beyond contented ♥

2 comments: