As I have mentioned, Hashley and I made a promise to ourselves that we will take Khaisah to visit Bibik in Surabaya once she surpasses 6 months. Another reason being that Bibik left us for good before Khaisah was born and obviously she hasn't met my little girl. Hence, to Surabaya we go.
My family excluding little sister and parents in law tagged along. We went for a 5 days 4 nights trip with 2 days 1 night staying in Ponorogo, where Bibik's hometown is situated. In actual, it's about 190km plus away from Surabaya main hub but the journey to Ponorogo took about 6 hours! That's cause they don't have a highway that we can travel on so they were only small roads - single lanes mostly. Thankfully, the journey wasn't so bad as the weather was rainy and cold hence being in the car for that long wasn't so bad as I thought. Khaisah too was a good girl, happily giggling and sleeping all the way through, alhamdulillah. In fact, the whole experience going to and fro Ponorogo was interesting - it was quite a scenic journey.
As we arrived at Bibik's corner lot, double-storey house (yeap, double-storey yo) we were greeted with her huge smile that I've missed. I was so happy to see her. She on the other hand, was so excited to see Khaisah. I was ignored. Hahaha. But to my surprise, Khaisah and Bibik clicked instantly - as if they have known or being in each other's company for awhile. Dengan orang lain tak nak at first instance, but Bibik nak :)
Bibik cooked our favourite meals - kerabu for me, sambal telur for my brother, sambal tempe and kentang for Hashley, sambal daging for mama, on top of noodles and what not. Everything was just so goodddd I ate twice. Twice meaning dah habis makan lagi. Lol. Hello, it's not like I can eat her cooking in at least a year's time!
After spending 2 days in Ponorogo, it was time to leave. Obviously I cried haha cause I will never know when I will be seeing her next. The closest is possibly a year from now. Alhamdulillah, I managed to give her some amount of money - that's the least that I can do for that moment. In my heart, I was already missing her the second her house was not visible to me anymore. So sad! :(
Anyways, the rest of the days were spent at Surabaya city. We stayed at Java Paragon Hotel & Service Apartments, we ate nasi padang, went to JMP, Tunjungan Plaza and Sutos to shop and dine. And of course, baby girl had her first swim!
Since this was my second time going to Surabaya, I could conclude that it has grown and developed so much. I have always liked Surabaya cause it's not as packed as Jakarta or Bandung and their traffic is way better than the latter so it was rather quick and easy to get from one place to another. Choices of items are more or less the same like Jakarta but I couldn't agree more than Jakarta offers a whole wider range of goods to buy from. But if you're in for a more relaxed-Indo feel holiday, Surabaya fits you best.
Can't wait to visit Bibik again. Missing her much.















5 comments:
comelnya Khaisah, gebu!!!!
baby comel like mummy :)
geram gile tgk Khaisah.gebu putih comel.mmg dia sgt iras Hashley. hehe.
tgk gmbr mknn bibik u tu je dh buat terliur. gulp.
comelnyer baby! dh besar dh die... putih gebu....bam bam pulak tuh... i like~
Thank you aunties :) Syukur alhamdulillah :P
Post a Comment