And so finally I set foot for breakfast at Levain, Boulangerie & Patisserie yesterday with Hashley, mom, aunty and cousin.
We arrived at 11 and boy oh boy the place was jam packed! I never knew a pastry shop (more like a pastry bungalow) can be this full! The queue was massively long, right up to the entrance door. Had I have known this, I would have gone earlier than 11 cause apparently they open as early as 730 am.
There were plentiful of pastries, sandwiches, cookies, jams, cakes - you name it. They're all there. But when I was selecting mine, quarter of the trays were empty! So it was more of what you see is what you get and what you get, just grab it before someone else takes it. Hehe.
Therefore, these were what we had for our hearty breakfast. A tray full of sweet and savoury pastries. I have always loved croissants so that's a must try. Went to the cakes & macarons section only to find that the only flavours available were green tea, durian and ONE piece left in Ghana chocolate! Uwaaaaaaaa. I wanted to try everything else but to no avail. Boo! But that Ghana chocolate macaron was delish! It was so tasty and I'm actually salivating while typing here. Lol.
Surprisingly, all of their pastries including meals & drinks are reasonably priced. I thought these pastries were going to cost me a bomb each but in average, each ranged about 3-5 bucks. For this sorta kinda place, safe to say that it won't burn your pocket (unless you decide to eat 2 trays all by yourself hehe)
So for pastry lovers like me, you should go to Levain and give yourself an off-calorie treat day! I can assure you that it's worth the sacrifice and of course, long queue hehe!
4 comments:
oh boy...this is so tempting
*terliur*
Kak, even we didn't know each other, i've been adoring you long time. You are so sweet. Good day to you kak :)
syaida: you should be :)
nurul: hi dear, that's really nice of you to say so i dunno what to say hehe :) good day to you too love! and thanks for reading my blog :)
my fav pastry shop in kl! always packed when I go. my fav pastry is the one with eggs and turkey ham.sedappppp =)
Post a Comment