Saturday, 17 July 2010

The Home Reception - A Happy Story.


By the time Hashley and I shook hands thanking each guests for coming after the akad and took a couple of quick shots, we were asked to get ready for the next do. Hash headed back to his uncle's house and I went back to the room.

I thought I was going to take a longer time to get ready for the reception, instead it turned out that Hashley was late by half an hour. Haha. Kak Liza just toned down the make up a bit, changed the colour of my lipstick and did my hair. As you all might have seen in the previous post, my attire was vintage-inspired hence, my hair style for the function was also vintage-inspired. I actually asked for a low bun but Kak Liza insisted that the hair be pulled up that high because she said, "Zaaa.. akak nak buat jugak macam ni.. Macam dulu-dulu punya pengantin.. Cute sangat.. Baru la kena..". Saya dengan tak sampai hatinya nodded and agreed :)

The dress that you saw was my design, if you'd like to know. I was inspired by mom's vintage pink dress so when Qudyn came over to my place for the very first meet up, I told him that I wanted the peplum ish effect. So I sketched a picture of an improvised version of it and passed it to Qudyn and of course he perfected the idea and began sketching a proper version of that dress. And tadaa, what you see is exactly what I get. Lol!

Anyways, so at 1.30, Hashley (finally) came. In case y'all don't know, Hash and I come from a family of southerners - in laws are Johoreans and my side are from Malacca and for your information, adat tol in Malacca/Johor traditional wedding on the bride's side are a must. Therefore, Hashley had to go through three tolls (as agreed between my parents and his parents) before he could 'bersanding' next to me. At this time, I was already seated at the dais with two of my most senior aunties - both covering my face with the white feather fans.

Dengarlah riuh rendah gelak2 besar kat luar. Loud laughs and shouts. I was already laughing. I find that the whole process was funny! As I have mentioned, it was agreed that there'll be only three toll gates kan? And each toll will be headed by my aunties - only aunties but apparently there was an extra toll gate that consist of two of my uncles and my cousin brother! They created a new line and we only got to know of it when we saw the video montage! Lol! That was hilarious!

At the third toll, my slightly younger aunties were conquering - well technically, blocking the door from Hashley and his aunty to enter. One of my aunty, Aunty Nita was found saying ... "Eh tak cukup laa... Mana boleh ... Tak boleh..." Hahaha. My another aunty, Aunty Lolo was explaining .. "Tak boleh... Kalau nak masuk kena bayar lebih... Ni dah dekat dah ... Tak boleh.." Something like that or something to that effect. Lol. Mind you, I only knew about this in the montage!

After the third gate, came the last toll which was stationed at the dais. My eldest aunty, Aunty Ramlah was sitting next to me on the chair and my other aunty, Aunty Oda were both busy bidding for more tolls. Hahaha. The whole house was in a craze! It was noisy but it sure was hell lot of fun! After managing to get three or four sampul duit, my aunties gave in and Hash sat next to me, finally. Hehe. That was clean good fun, no kidding!

Then it was merenjis time. Another funny thing about the event was when my mom said she'll pukul me and Hash if we gaduh-gaduh (hehehe peace ma!) and that when my father in law kissed my cheeks and not Hash during merenjis. It appeared as if he's been wanting to do that for a long time (out of kasih sayang seorang bapa kepada seorang anak okay dont misquote me here). My mother in law and some others laughed real hard. I was malu-malu of course and Hash... tak puas hati. Hahaha. Sorry B, I'm your new rival :p Just kiddin!

As soon as I thought, okay this was it, then came time for my mom to baling ambo-ambo (don't know the spelling). Baling ambo-ambo is this ceremony where the parents of the newlyweds (again part of a southener's culture) will throw coins, sweets or candies and the like to the guests - and most of the time, children. So you'll be seeing adults, not children! screaming, fighting and jumping berebut to get the berkat! Trust me, this part of the event was the noisiest albeit the messiest! Hehe. My mom looked like she had a real good time throwing the ambo-ambo! Please check out our video montage if you're my fb friend :)

And then we had our makan beradab with my uni guyfriends serenading us with a couple of songs (which they intended to do even before the wedding). Pantang nampak karaoke machine diorang ni. Haha! Thanks guys! Cut the cake, I feed you, you feed me, and then non-stop photo sesh. I also threw my hand bouquet and guess who got it, AMEEMA :))))))) I hope her time comes really soon! I wanna go to Bicester with her lol!

All in all, Hash and I, especially ME, had a really, really good time! I don't know if it's just me or what, but I just think that each wedding has its own story to tell kan?

Siapa cakap tak nak kahwin pelik la. Highly recommended okay! Lol.

5 comments:

Rashida Rafar said...

pelik wei sape x nak kawin! ;-) my 480 pounds flight ticket --> money well spent. ;-) xx

goblogbyfarah said...

ur reception's dress memang stunning, lawa sangattt!!!lain dari yang lain :)

Zaznuriah said...

shida: awwwwww so sweeeeet :D thanks hunn! we miss you!

farah: thank you dear! glad to know that you like it hehe!

Mummy H. said...

zaza, ur nikah and home reception on the same day? ah nak jugak!!!hehe

Zaznuriah said...

heed: yeap! buat la! :)))) hehehe.