Thursday, 25 March 2010

Kings of Convenience.

KOC was FANTASTIC!

Nothing beats listening to them live.

Well, Kings have always sounded great but last Sunday, I was in (real life) awe of them. And their opening act, Tenderfist was remarkable too. It was my first time listening to them and because of their enjoyable silky smooth experimental music, the crowd seemed to allow them to take some of Kings' time a lil bit. Everyone was taking pleasure in Tenderfist. Even Eirik and Erlend (the duo from Kings) enjoyed them. In fact, just at the time when Kings were about to end their show, they invited Tenderfist to do an in promptu performance with them for a bit.

Guess what? Mind blowing!

I was ecstatic listening to Kings performing to Misread, Know How and I'd Rather Dance With You. One thing I like most about their music is that their lyrics and song composition are simple (accoustic + piano/keyboards mostly) but multi-dimensional. Even silence is made part of their song (quote unquote haha) Hudaa was my date that night and we were both dancing choreographlessly to the music - just like the way Erlend was. He was hilarious!

Anyhoos I'm sure those who went had an amazing time! Tipu kalau tak! :)

My hot date for the night. Lovin my beige oxfords and Daa's citrus sandals!

Elaine. Azzam. Yamster.

Signing off,
Queen of Indecisiveness.

No comments: