I've been frequenting the cinemas off late. I treat them just like it's my own territory, my new sanctuary and as good as my escapism. I literally zoomed out from all the pains of reality and be given the choice to minimise my (over)thinking of the present happenings around me whilst watching a movie. Call me Emo or Drama or Dysfunctional whatsoever but I am at ease when I watch movies. Thank you Cinema Inventor, you're brilliant.
Oh well this isn't about me and my stupid silly dramas that I'm going through right now. This is about the movies I've been seeing (or saw) and perhaps the correlation I have with the heart of the movies.
The Time Traveler's Wife.
Draggy but sad, obviously. This movie made me appreciate the presence of the important people I have around me and never would I want to go through such an ordeal of having to share our other halves with time. It's more than difficult to fathom. *Scratches head*
New Moon.
Yeah yeah yeah, everyone's swooning over Jacob but I still am fond over Edward. No, not him per se, but the character he possesses. I don't deny that Jacob's body was oh so yummeyh but seriously, Edward is (to die for) hopelessly romantic (and hopeless too lah in this epi haha). This prompted me into reading Eclipse to find out what happens next! :)
Love Happens.
Well, the usual romcoms with happy endings, butttt it has a story underneath all the usual stuff. It teaches us to accept fate, just like Qada' and Qadar, that we have to go through the heartache of bereavements and slowly accepting the fact that life goes on after death. Death is a beginning of a new thing, not an end to everything. It won't be easy I assure you but if you keep in mind that Allah has plans for you, you'll be able to stand up on your own two feet in no time. He will make it easy for you and should you need to cry it all out, go ahead and never hold back. Geez, I can totally relate to this movie and go on and on and on about this. Next.
Couples' Retreat.
Now this was fun! Vince Vaughn is never serious. Always talkative and speed talking in one breath as usual. Haha. But I found myself cringing to my seat and go all captivated to the crystal clear mighty blue water! I must have concentrated on the colour of the water more than the entire movie. Hoho! I demand for a holiday please. Pronto.
The Proposal.
I know lembab right? Haha. Sandra Bullock has always been my favourite actress since Speed. I liked the part where Ryan (Reynolds) and Sandra (Bullock) were starting to fall for each other. It reminded me of the time when I was indenial about liking Hash. I finally admitted dengan hati penuh lega after all the difficulties and months I put him through. So bad of me. Haha.
Avatar!
OMG OMG OMG. THIS ONE WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I WANT TO LITERALLY JUMP ON MY FEET! TAKE ME TO EYWA AND THE GLOW IN THE DARK FOREST, ANYONE PLEASE!
Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
I personally think that this movie is super cute! Especially Theodore! :) (excuse me, I like fat things lol) Of course, the newly discovered The Chipettes (kesian tak pandai pilih nama..of all the names in the world hehehehe the whole cinema laughed at the name!) Would love to take Zabran to watch this one and see my fav boy dance to them :)
Sherlock Holmes.
Bad experience at the cinema, prolly the worst ever. I didn't enjoy the movie although I was looking forward for it and this is due to that stupid ........... (fill in the blanks) who came into the cinema and brought food that smelled like effing pork! I was angry to the core! It stinked, reeked and ponged like hell that had me and Mel changed our seats and left Hash all by himself. Screw you ........... (fill in the blanks again) for having wasted my satisfaction of seeing Jude Law in action and my 10bux. Yes, I was angry so let me be but don't you think Sherlock Holmes is by far the most observant person in the world?
What next?
I intend to watch Avatar on 3D and Muallaf. They have finally unbanned that movie for reasons I know not of (yet). Now that's a must see, yes?
Oh well this isn't about me and my stupid silly dramas that I'm going through right now. This is about the movies I've been seeing (or saw) and perhaps the correlation I have with the heart of the movies.
The Time Traveler's Wife.
Draggy but sad, obviously. This movie made me appreciate the presence of the important people I have around me and never would I want to go through such an ordeal of having to share our other halves with time. It's more than difficult to fathom. *Scratches head*
New Moon.
Yeah yeah yeah, everyone's swooning over Jacob but I still am fond over Edward. No, not him per se, but the character he possesses. I don't deny that Jacob's body was oh so yummeyh but seriously, Edward is (to die for) hopelessly romantic (and hopeless too lah in this epi haha). This prompted me into reading Eclipse to find out what happens next! :)
Love Happens.
Well, the usual romcoms with happy endings, butttt it has a story underneath all the usual stuff. It teaches us to accept fate, just like Qada' and Qadar, that we have to go through the heartache of bereavements and slowly accepting the fact that life goes on after death. Death is a beginning of a new thing, not an end to everything. It won't be easy I assure you but if you keep in mind that Allah has plans for you, you'll be able to stand up on your own two feet in no time. He will make it easy for you and should you need to cry it all out, go ahead and never hold back. Geez, I can totally relate to this movie and go on and on and on about this. Next.
Couples' Retreat.
Now this was fun! Vince Vaughn is never serious. Always talkative and speed talking in one breath as usual. Haha. But I found myself cringing to my seat and go all captivated to the crystal clear mighty blue water! I must have concentrated on the colour of the water more than the entire movie. Hoho! I demand for a holiday please. Pronto.
The Proposal.
I know lembab right? Haha. Sandra Bullock has always been my favourite actress since Speed. I liked the part where Ryan (Reynolds) and Sandra (Bullock) were starting to fall for each other. It reminded me of the time when I was indenial about liking Hash. I finally admitted dengan hati penuh lega after all the difficulties and months I put him through. So bad of me. Haha.
Avatar!
OMG OMG OMG. THIS ONE WAS FREAKING AWESOME! I WANT TO LITERALLY JUMP ON MY FEET! TAKE ME TO EYWA AND THE GLOW IN THE DARK FOREST, ANYONE PLEASE!
Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
I personally think that this movie is super cute! Especially Theodore! :) (excuse me, I like fat things lol) Of course, the newly discovered The Chipettes (kesian tak pandai pilih nama..of all the names in the world hehehehe the whole cinema laughed at the name!) Would love to take Zabran to watch this one and see my fav boy dance to them :)
Sherlock Holmes.
Bad experience at the cinema, prolly the worst ever. I didn't enjoy the movie although I was looking forward for it and this is due to that stupid ........... (fill in the blanks) who came into the cinema and brought food that smelled like effing pork! I was angry to the core! It stinked, reeked and ponged like hell that had me and Mel changed our seats and left Hash all by himself. Screw you ........... (fill in the blanks again) for having wasted my satisfaction of seeing Jude Law in action and my 10bux. Yes, I was angry so let me be but don't you think Sherlock Holmes is by far the most observant person in the world?
What next?
I intend to watch Avatar on 3D and Muallaf. They have finally unbanned that movie for reasons I know not of (yet). Now that's a must see, yes?
8 comments:
May i suggest that you catch a hindi movie? lagi lama... lagi banyak masa nak chill... hehehe
owh god, i wrote a long one and the net was cut off.. huhu
hi ya there, been to ur site a few times b4 but felt need to comment as the same thing happened to me too! but a few months back.. at gsc@1utama
ba-alif-ba-ya or even spicy food in a closed area with a lot of people, air conditioned summore.. it was unbearable.. we had to try a few tries talking to the couple to make the gf stopped eating it.. we told them that its not cinema food and they were inconsiderate bringing it in..
If i loved charkueytiaw so much to bring it with me to the cinema pun surely will smell strong enough to cause discomfort to others..
that aside, looking forward to more post on your wedding preparations k!
:)
*sorry to tumpang vent out the balance of my frustration la pula ..hehe ;p
adam: dudeeee, hindi? you gotta be joking! it's depressing!
huhu: hello :) its okay, sharing is caring right? its totally unacceptable la kan. kalau nak bawak masuk pun bawak la food that smells good. haha. ohh, thanks dear! i will insya allah from time to time update on the preps. what's your real name btw hunn? :)
malissa :)
owh btw robert downey jr is ftw!! looking forward to ironman2!!
me too a movie addict! watched 3D avatar and planned to watch it again at imax, they say more surreal.. its so great i felt the need to watch it twice.. hehe
don't bother to watch storm warriors unless u're a die hard fan of ekin cheng and aaron kwok.. but the cgi and lawan pedang scene of course la part yg best..i was nostalgic of my zaman blue-black hair days and went to watch it, but the story line was like, wtf? tergantung...
hmm am looking forward for did u hear about the morgans, and the pari2 malay movie.. mcm best je :)
guess what malissa, iron man 1 pun i tak tengok! i cant believe it myself! haha.
morgans and pari pari? no! dangs, what are they all about eh? im sure i will tengok la.
high five to movie addicts!
Zaza,
Go watch cirque du freak - the vampire's assistant. Macam best je.
Sherlock was the bomb, girl. Too bad abt that inconsiderate incident.
I plan to go see Muallaf with Kak Long tomorrow.
Btw, huhu : I think IMAX kat berjaya timesquare tu dah tutup. wanted to see our second dose of avatar kat imax jugak but our friend went to berjaya and relayed the sad news. :(
hi dillazag...
seriyes ke??!!
i browse juga website berjaya times square.. nampak cosmo world theatre yg kat level 10 juga mcm promote avatar.. ingat sama la dgn imax..
hmmm takpe la .. xde rezeki..
huhuhhuhuuhuhu (senyum dalam tangisan)
thanks awak...
kak ngah: yeah i know if it wasn't for that intolerable incident i'm sure i wouldve enjoyed the show much more. you're watching tomorrow? kat ne? hehe. and yes i do want to watch cirque du freak! tunggu time je ni. hehe. thanks anyways kak ngah! :)
Post a Comment