Monday, 2 November 2009

Better Late Than Never, Right Girls?

Last weekend kicked off with love on Friday night with the usual suspects - Tt, Sherry and Nurule. But this time around was to celebrate my belated, belated, birthday. Yes, repeat the belated word twice. Hee. Went to Biz Cafe, Solaris, sat outside for its windy ambiance so rambut can terbang-terbang whilst taking photos. Seriously :p Neah, just kiddin. I remember Tt had fish and chips (what was it called? fish something kan?) but in essence it was fish and chips lah, Nurule ordered spicy seafood spaghetti (which was very spicy sampai rasa bibir panas!), Sherry had grilled salmon and I,, I had the medium charbroiled rib eye. *whispers* Dear Allah, thank you for this rezeki, for the steak was magnificent, I couldn't stop chewing from one bite to another!

We had a wonderful time just catching up on each other and talking without realizing that it had been almost 2 and half hours of solid, non-stop talking.
Sampai lupa amik gambar banyak. Come to think of it again, I think it's not necessary that we have to take heaps and a bucket load of pictures. At the end of the day, you only keep the ones that are with quality and get to pick only ONE that you really, really like to make as your primary photo kan? Honestly, this camera frenzy scenario can be quite disturbing. I adore photography and I'm sure there are thousands of them who share the same interest too, but having a dslr/slr just to look "cool" and that you're apart of the "in thing" is so uncool. I'm not saying this because I'm annoyed or jealous or whatsoever but try going to Bijou Bazaar or Threads Zoo or the like, I need not say more lah. Gil tak bol bel. You can tell who actually is a photog, who isn't.

Snap fingers. Back to Friday night. My belated bday presents from them were "Buku Resipi Melayu" (not precise name) given by Nurule and Tt said she got me a pair of Oxford booties. *Clap your my hand and say yeah!* Nurule
macam tau tau je that I wanted this (for the future [in my unsuccessful attempts to cook for the fiance and family hahaha])

Thanks for the lovely little fun sweet belated belated birthday treat, girls!

4 comments:

Haneesa said...

oh, i agree about the dslr issue! i own one and sometimes, i see some younger ppl with it draped around their necks and it's so obvious that they are on 'auto mode'. baik tak payah. seriously it irks me when they berlagak.

better to use point and shoot sometimes :) unless one really knows how to use the big camera properly la.

Unknown said...

ha ha..seriously i mcm xtau nak bagi u present apa n i rasa u akan gunakan the recipe book. mula2 thought of buying u a dessert recipe book tap i tingat apa hash ckp iaitu "xkan lah hari2 nak makan dessert!!" ha ha.. which is betul lah kan. anw, enjoy trying the recipes kat dlm buku tu k.

didi harun said...

Zaaa.... I sooo agree with you. There will be a point when you ask urself why do we to take sooo many photos to remember the night when the time spent together is priceless. =) Plus I pun agak malas nak take photos lately. Bwk je camera but never take it out.

As fo the slr issue, I agree with you as well. Take my bro for instance, last year nak sangat beli slr. Tibe2 this year he decided he doesnt want it and is not interested any more. Cait! On the good side, he's giving it to me. Haha!

Zaznuriah said...

hanisa: true? they're just "kids". what to do right? "peer pressure" lol :)

nurul: yeah mannnn. thanks for the book bro. haha. dessert recipe books i dah dapat 2! my close friends got for me. hash got me simple western dine cook book and there's yours. yay! lengkap! masaknya je belum. hahahaha.

didi: exactly! let's try to impose on this. only 2 person take pictures. haha. not gonna happen lah like that! but serious kadang-kadang macam obligation pulak kena amik gambar and when you reach that stage you tak nak amik gambar. omg aku dah tuaaaaaaaaaa. hahaha. tell acap if he tak nak his camera pape bagi kat i jugak. i kan kakak dia jugak :p miss you babe!