Shaishh. Back at work after two days on mc. I was down with viral infection which causes me to have stomach spasms (so not nice) and still is having a little left overs of it (again not nice).
Where have I been? For the past few weeks I have been up and about and running around the house and all over town for the engagement and house preparation. But at the moment, writing about my running arounds is not what I intend to do just as yet.
As promised wayyyy back, I'd like to blog about Jakarta Part 1 & 2 combined together. Yes, combined.
The first time was in April with mom and sisters and the recent one was in August with mom, Say and family. I am not ashamed to admit that both times had the same agenda - that is to search for engagement/wedding things.I know we can get more or less the same things in Malaysia but if you calculate them as a whole, babe, you save so, so much more. Okay no need justifying here. Let's get happy tappy here.
Instead of making this blog a lengthy and dreary one, I'll try to keep it as short and sweet as possible and these are all my honest and humble opinions which are for sharing, not to be subjected to any critics from any looney malooneys :) Thank you.
Where have I been? For the past few weeks I have been up and about and running around the house and all over town for the engagement and house preparation. But at the moment, writing about my running arounds is not what I intend to do just as yet.
As promised wayyyy back, I'd like to blog about Jakarta Part 1 & 2 combined together. Yes, combined.
The first time was in April with mom and sisters and the recent one was in August with mom, Say and family. I am not ashamed to admit that both times had the same agenda - that is to search for engagement/wedding things.I know we can get more or less the same things in Malaysia but if you calculate them as a whole, babe, you save so, so much more. Okay no need justifying here. Let's get happy tappy here.
Instead of making this blog a lengthy and dreary one, I'll try to keep it as short and sweet as possible and these are all my honest and humble opinions which are for sharing, not to be subjected to any critics from any looney malooneys :) Thank you.
Jakarta in entirety.
1. Should your intention of going is to scout for materials for weddings, engagements, etcetera etcetera, you should head to Tanah Abang. Super cheap materials with great buys, having the possibility for better bargains if you know how to ask for discounts in their language :)
The pros: cheap bargain, variety of shops.
The cons: Too many shops clustered closely to one another, poor ventilation, hot, humid.
* I suggest you wear loose clothes, slippers and sling bag. Don't forget mineral water and sanitizer!
2. Never ever skip Charles & Keith and Topshop in Jakarta. This is because they have the latest items first before it arrives in Malaysia. Charles & Keith can be found in Grand Indo (this is a must go too please!) and Topshop can be found in Senayan City (must must go).
3. Malaysia's malls are beatable by a single whip in the a%^! By far, Indonesia has the nicest (and grandest) malls I've ever been to. There are Grand Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia, Senayan City, Plaza Senayan etc. Although the shops are similar in kind, but in essence every mall gives a different sensation. Like Grand Indo has its multilevel restaurants that are according to themes, for example, one floor is China Town hence the floors are decorated with loads of red lanterns and lights. The other floor is Arabian, therefore the music is Arabic and the floors are carpeted and the ceiling are covered up with gorgeous cloths and chandeliers. Cool kan? Oh I musn't forget to include this. Please please go to their cinema and The Social House. The word "awesomeness" just don't do justice to it! Make sure to sit outside yea? Or else you'll lose thrill! :)
4. If you want to find stuff for door gifts, head on to Pasar Pagi at Mangga Dua. You can find about almost absolutely too many stuff but you just have got to be patient. Mangga Dua also sells nice handbags and shoes for discounted prices.
5. Hotels. Now, the easiest way to find a hotel is by Googling right? But before you begin searching for the right hotel, always determine the reason for going first. Just so you know, Jakarta is divided into four localities - Pusat, Timur, Barat, Selatan. If your reason for going is for a holiday, Jakarta Pusat would be the perfect place for you. If you're there to get your wedding stuff, Jakarta Barat would be better. You must also bear in mind that the traffic can be a pain in the butt, literally! So stay at places where it is most convenient to your liking alright? The first time I stayed in Le Grandeur and the second was in Somerset Berlian Hotel. The latter was just brilliant, like really, brilliant.
6. In terms of food, I don't think that's much of a problem knowing that majority of the people in Jakarta are Muslims. So nasi padang, nasi segala nasi are everywhere. Just make sure to pick and choose the clean ones okay? Try Restoran Sederhana. It's effin good!
7. If you want to get Blackberry/Nokia/Iphone/etc skins, you can find them at Mangga Dua for about 30,000 rupiah for one (but limited in choice) or Plaza Ambassador for about 35,000-40,000 rupiah (more choices). You'll go crazy for sure!
Well, I think that's about it with Jakarta. I still haven't got the chance to taste the pisang bakar! *mourns* Insya Allah one day the time will come.
I hope this helps you (even for a bit) should you decide to head on to Jakarta. Next up will be on Bandung. Wait up!
2 comments:
You forgot Sour Susan! :) (or was it Sally?)
its sally! hehehehe!
Post a Comment