Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Bandung Ooh La La!

Before I begin on this Bandung write up, I must say that I am more fond of Bandung than Jakarta. It's only because the weather is slightly colder and less humid, the people in Bandung are more polite and stylish and the place is just.. nice. Prolly the main reason of me liking is just because there's chemistry, knowhatimsayin? Hee!

This year's trip to Bandung was my second time (still lovin it!) but I still wish that one day, I could come here and chilly dilly with my girlies. That rhymes! Lol.

This time around we stayed in Banana Inn Hotel which is nearby Paris Van Java (one of Bandung's most popular malls). It was just one night's trip. Took off from Jakarta early in the morning and left the next day evening. One day of non-stop swiping cards *bites fingers*

We practically arrived in Bandung late due to the traffic jam. Apparently Bandung (and Indonesia for that matter) was celebrating their Independence Day :D Took a bit of rest and headed to Paris Van Java for dinner at Mocha Blends (Mom's friend's restaurant). It was also in PVJ that I hung out with Adeq and Didi and met up with Lyana Razak and Diyana (Did's friend). Yay! It was nice hanging out in a foreign land kan? If only Ems were with us, then the Singapore days of the year 2002 (was it?) will be relived.

Yennyways, the next day was made first to Pasar Baru. Something similar to Tanah Abang, only better choices and better prices. I got my kain nikah and my bridesmaids' materials there and of course materials (please note the significance of the letter 's') for myself *bites fingers again*. I've seen the similar kain nikah in KL that I liked so much (was it Euro Moda or Gulati's? I can't recall) but the price for 4 meters were close to RM1,800. Tak inclusive of lining lagi. Wtf right? So Bandung came into the picture. We were at mom's friend's shop and I saw just the 90% same material! I looked no further and asked how many meters do I need if I want to make so and so baju for the akad ceremony. Bablu, the owner said, 5.5 meters inclusive of selendang was ____ price + free lining (cause they're friends kan? ^_^) I was like, shit no kidding! Hell yeah terus beli la apa lagi! Don't even ask la how much was it, it was nothing like KL's bargain. Wait, KL? Bargain? Yeah right!

Mom, Hash's mom and aunty all went crazy eyed too! Zzrap sana zzraaap sini wa cakap sama lu! Hahaha. Hash's mom got the materials for their side too and it is oh so gorgeous! Syukur alhamdulllilah amin :)

Since I'm a food maniac, yes I am, I made sure I get to eat Sundanese food. Hehe. We had lunch at Sari Bundo (ke Sunda? lupaaa..) and proceeded to the valley of bites-fingers-even-harder : Rumah Mode. We didn't manage to go to Heritage or other factory outlets in Dago and Ciamplas (thank g) so Rumah Mode was our last stop. Shop shop shopped like mad, bought for almost everyone at home and a few tops and cardis for myself. I wanted to get for Yaya an Ed Hardy handbag buttttttt enough la kan? Too much have been spent already. Hash pun dah geleng kepala dua puluh kali. Haha.

I'd love to go to Bandung again for no reason whatsoever. If you're a first timer, don't forget to go to Tangkuban Perahu.

Enough travel input, no? Sudah-sudah la tu. The engagement is 2 days away and ni tengah sibuk blog benda lain. Hehe. Will write about that maybe tomorrow? Crosses fingers :D

14 comments:

SJ said...

baju i dah siap utk your E-Day!! wooohooooooo

i wanna go bandung!!! bila next trip? ngeheheyyy

Zaznuriah said...

yayyy! :) next year. mau?

Dydee Alwi said...

aaah. ur engagement so dekat. congrats congrats. n gluck. wish i can be there. but o well. u know how it is ;) rindu. da la x jupa hari tu. newyasssss, if u nak dtg bandung or bali...lemme know. i always PLAN nak ikut n jumpa but never do. so azam tahun ni, (lambat la plak(..i will just DO it :P. love ya. come indon lagi with tha girlies please for trippin :)

NadiahZainol said...

Hey Zaza, thanks for the entry! loved it! u said klu nak carik doorgifts, go to pasar pagi,mangga dua kan? which is better? doorgifts kt jakarta or bandung? will be stopping at jakarta 1st br gi bandung,dunno whether teros buy kt jakarta or tunggu smpi bandung..what say u? thanks!

sians said...

oo. engagement in 2 days :)

congratulations! :D

Zaznuriah said...

dee: yeah, it's like one day away maynn. nervous! hehe. of course i will inform you k? but dont think anytime soon kot. hehe. didi's going to bali next month. why dont you go with her? hehe. love n missing you babe!

nadiah: hi dear. sure you're most welcome tapi sorry la tak seberapa. ehehe. yea. well i think both have about the same things actually but i reckon you should go to the one in jakarta. bandung i tak nampak sangat. but just to let you know, i didnt get my door gifts there cuz i didnt quite like what they were selling, i.e. the items to be given as doorgifts for my engagement. so i decided not to buy any. no doubt about the price being ridiculously cheap, way cheaper than kl. but just to let you know that most of the shops don't have ready stocks in hand so you have to place an order and they'll send to you so you have to cover postage and what not. so the total time that you need to have the doorgifts to arrive safely in your hands will be about close to 2months. Hope that helps! :) On the other hand you can always try to look out for stuff in Bandung too. Hehe.

sian mei: yes dear. one more day now. scaryyyy :))

Anonymous said...

congrats babe! to the both of you :)

Zaznuriah said...

thanks wani dear! :)

Unknown said...

How excited! 1 more day to go :-)
Congratulations!

ashieBee said...

congratulations on your engagement :))

Starry Eyed said...

zaza in pasar baru, how hard do i have to bargain? ke mmg harga dia mmg dah the lowest they can give? do i divide the price to half for bargaining purposes?

NadiahZainol said...

tQ ZaZa! that really helps! will lookout and see if they are worth it. btw, congratulations on ur engagement. u picked the best colour!

Zaznuriah said...

thanks dear hajar, ashiebee, starry eyed and nadiah! :) my deepest appreciation goes out to you! :D and yes nadiah, best colour combination it is!

Zaznuriah said...

starry eyed: sorry i terlupa nak reply. you bargain until you feel worth paying for, or at least closest your preference :)