I was reading through all my blog posts the other day and realized that most of the posts are write ups about my life, thoughts, travels, friends and family. But there is none in existence of sharing of (legal maybe?) knowledge/academics/the likes. Not that I think of myself as a bluestocking high flyer woman, but I thought, just maybe it might be interesting and educating to do this. After all sharing (of knowledge) is caring right? Hehe. This is how it's gonna work. I will post on something legally related, be it issues or terms for you readers to read. It's prolly going to be something simple and very brief, not too legal so that laymen may comprehend it faster and better. Should you have an opinion on the matter put before you, please do so at my comment box. First up,
Legal Thought of Today: "Obiter Dictum".
An obiter dictum is a Latin term for a statement "said by the way". It's a remark or observation made by a judge that does not form a necessary part of the court's decision, although included in the body of the court's opinion. It is persuasive in pursuing a case, but not binding.
How's that for a start?
No comments:
Post a Comment