We stayed in Darling Harbour at a service apartment/hotel in Pyrmont Street named Oaks Goldsborough. The hotel was greattt! Although it looked simple on the exterior of the hotel, but the rooms are marvellous!
Our hotel is situated right next to the monorail station - makes it so much easier to go shopping. Hehe.
It was autumn. Temperature was about 14 to 19 degrees and it was raining tad a bit too much for us aliens in the city.
Sydney is by far one of the most beautiful cities I've seen. It's so huge, it's what you city lovers would most likely to appreciate. For those who aren't that much of a city fan, this might not be the place for you. If I had to describe Sydney in one word, I'd say, "Metropolitan". The people are divided into two majorities, (at least in my insignificant opinion) they're either the locals or Chinese/Koreans/Japanese, leaving the minorities to many, many other people from different cultures. I've met Pakistanis, Turkish, Malaysians, Nigerians and the rest follows. It's a highly multicultural city - somewhat like Malaysia but trust me, this is more!
Sydney is best for touring, I reckon. On the very first day, I did the Sydney Wildlife World and Sydney Aquarium. That alone took the entire day! No offense to the Malaysian Zoo, whatever happened to our animals? Macam tak terjaga. Theirs, me god! Trust me, I was having a ball visiting them cute animals! Of course I was most excited seeing the koalas and wallabies (kangaroos, in other words)! It was my first time. Jakun, I know :p Hehe. The way the management takes care of the place is beyond good. You've done a great job! (But I'd like to give credits to Aquaria Malaysia - so far so good la :p)
So the next two days my family and I went on a hop on hop off tour bus - on touring adventures named as Sydney and Bondi Explorer. On the Sydney Explorer, it had 27 stops in the whole of Sydney (trust me, I've covered the whole town of the city). The tours include (among the popular ones) Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge, The Rocks, Chinatown, Hyde Park, Kings Cross, Mrs Macqueries Chair, the many museums, errr.. I can't remember them all!
The Bondi Explorer, on the other hand, is basically touring the beaches. Bondi, Bronte, Coogee and the spectacular places to view of the city of Sydney from the North Side of the state. One thing about Bondi tour that I'll never forget is the trip to The Gap Park. It has the most amazing view I've ever seen. One would think how Mighty Allah SWT can be. Masya Allah. Here is a picture of The Gap Park:
For you lots who travels just to shop (like my sister haha), Sydney offers you a wide range of places to swipe them cards away. However, I find Sydney very expensive, which is a good thing for me so I shop less. Teehee!
Oh, oh! Even the taxi fares are friggin expensive! I think for every 3 seconds, the meter goes up by 5cents! How ridiculous is that?!
And just so you know, taxi drivers earn about 5k a month! They can afford to buy a house in Sydney with a monthly pay of 2k every 30th day of the month! The best part is, successful commercial lawyers earn 2k an hour! Think again. If 2k an hour and you work 8 hours a day, that's like 16k a day! Wtf? How brill is that?! You know what, I'm already considering Sydney for employment. Lol!
Anyhoo, the holiday was great fun! Although it was tiring as it was all done in a short period of time and flu was catching up on me, you should give a Sydney a try. It's a city that moved on from the past, living in the present and going forward towards the future.
Don't forget the cruise ride!
:)
Oh, oh! Even the taxi fares are friggin expensive! I think for every 3 seconds, the meter goes up by 5cents! How ridiculous is that?!
And just so you know, taxi drivers earn about 5k a month! They can afford to buy a house in Sydney with a monthly pay of 2k every 30th day of the month! The best part is, successful commercial lawyers earn 2k an hour! Think again. If 2k an hour and you work 8 hours a day, that's like 16k a day! Wtf? How brill is that?! You know what, I'm already considering Sydney for employment. Lol!
Anyhoo, the holiday was great fun! Although it was tiring as it was all done in a short period of time and flu was catching up on me, you should give a Sydney a try. It's a city that moved on from the past, living in the present and going forward towards the future.
Don't forget the cruise ride!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment