Monday, 30 June 2008

Kains & Nasi Padangs.

Hellu hellu!

Alhamdullilah, I am finally safe and sound, udah pulang ke tanah air dari tanah seberang, Surabaya, Indonesia. Just so you know, this was my fourth attempt to the land full of myths, beliefs and mystical legends. The first three were Bali, Jogjakarta and Bandung. I am now left with Medan, Acheh, Palembang and Jakarta to go to. But of course, I have every intention to go back to Bali and that'll be next year in April Insya Allah. (I have this soft spot for Bali hehe) I know some of you (my friends) dah membebel-bebel asking me to duduk diam jangan jalan-jalan lagi due to the number of travelings I have done in a month :p but what to do, I think I am born to travel kot. Travelling is one of the best things/experience/opportunity/rezeki in life that has ever happen (or given) to me by the Almighty Allah SWT. There's a maxim that says, every travel opens a new page. If you stay in the same place all the time, you'll end up having only a page of your life. So yeah, I can safely say I have quite a number of pages now but surely more to come! I travel not only to tour, but also to learn the different cultures, histories and experiences that another place in the world can offer (plus shopping, definitely!). Therefore, I rest my case, I am born a traveller, a jetsetter, a globetrotter. There's no arguments on that. Period :)

Coming back to Surabaya, the place is not too bad. It's somewhat like KL in some parts, but definitely KL better in terms of town planning, structure and lightings! I gathered that Surabaya-ians live in minimality. The lights as in street lights are so sikit and so malap, I felt so rabun! Notice the significance of 'so' hehe! The streets and roads are mostly a two-way lane and that's that. For this reason, macetnya nggak enak dehh! (The traffic is so tak best!)

I stayed in Tunjungan Hotel in Tunjungan, just next to Sheraton Hotel. Tunjungan Hotel is a 3-4 star hotel. Simple yet very comfortable and it is situated right smack in the middle of the town, just next to Tunjungan Plaza (shopping huhu!). Tunjungan Plaza is commonly called TP (pronounced as 'TeyPey') and it's effin hugeeee! It's like our OU but maybe slightly bigger because it's a six-storey building!

On the first day, we didn't get to do much - oh forgive me, I forgot to mention 'we' means my mom, my aunty and my cousin, but we stopped by JMP Mall (I forgot the full name of the mall) because my mom was already there buying all the kain in the world and for lunch. The kains are so cheap we all just went cuckoo! It was in that mall that I tried 'Sotong Masak Mayonnaise'! Sedaaaaaaap!

Later in the evening, we had dinner at Shangri La Hotel for buffet dinner to meet up with my mom's business partners and friends from Indonesia, the deputy mayor of Surabaya and my parents' friends who came from Malaysia for (many rounds of) golf and their better halves. Apa lagi, makan la kan! The dessert corner was pergh la! Chocolate fountain, you made my day! :D

So the next day, after breakfast, we headed to Sampoerna Museum Factory. You know that ciggrarette brand Sampoerna? Yeap, that's the one. The brand is big in Indonesia. Not only they produce ciggies, but also fashion goods. That's where I spent around 400k Ruppiah. Hehe! We proceeded to JMP again to get more kains. My aunty and my mom tak puas beli lagi. There's not much touring in Surabaya actually, but it's a fo shiz place to shop for kain. I swear my mom can bukak kedai kain! I also bought for myself (not including the ones that my mom bought for me) 6 different kains! But 4 out of 6, black and white! (For class laa. Apa lagi kan..) Hehe.

After a round of nasi padang in Sari Bundo for lunch (sedap sgt sgt!), we (my aunty, KJ and I) went for our spa. Okay that part I shall not elaborate. Very malu. Hehe. The package that I took was body scrub, massage, body mask, milk bath and cream bath, plus, a wash and blow dry! All in all, the total was only about 200k, which is equivalent to about RM70! Murahh! Why can't we have these kinda prices for spa treatments in KL??

The rest of the times were left with shoppings and makan this makan that. I bought THE gladiator sandals that I wanted! Finally! Ni paling cantik lah so far! Yay, syukur Alhamdullilah! I was smiling to my ears! :))

All in all, it was great trip. Learning to tolerate (for sure) with one another hahahaha and at the same time, it was a bonding session for us all. I had splendid time. Thanks Mama for taking me there!

I shall visit you again, Indonesia!

No comments: