Alhamdulillah, it has been more than a month that I am here –
working with a new organization, somewhere closer to home, in fact closer to a
lot of places that I usually go to, as compared to being situated 47 kms away for
the past three years.
Allow me to tell you that I am now working for one of the two
regulatory bodies in Malaysia, specifically in the legal advisory department
which its nature of work seemed more or less the same than what I have done
before. The only, perhaps the main difference is that, the areas of law are
confined to a specific area. Oh, and I may have to go to court too!
Remember I mentioned that I had an agreement with my husband
that I ought to find a new job within a month or two post-resigning? Yes, the
process begins here.
After I resigned, I listed say, about 13 possible
companies/organizations for me to apply. They included a wide range of organizations
– oil and gas, stock market, you name it. I even applied for some positions via
Job Street. But deep in my heart, this place where I’m in right now is the
place that I had my interest most. Not only that it has a nursery which is
established and recognized for its excellence and achievements when it comes to
childcare (yes this was my primary concern) but also the career progression that
I am able to obtain here is wider or greater, in my humble opinion. It required me to apply online, then to show my keen
interest in joining this organization, I sent a hard copy resumé coupled with a
cover letter.
The next thing I know, I received a call, asking me to come
for an interview for the position that I wanted. Preceding to that, I actually
received 3 calls asking for interview but those 3 calls were interviews for the
position that I was not interested in, perhaps safer to say, I feel incompetent
in. So when I finally got ‘that’ call (i.e. the position that I have applied
for), I was excited yet so nervous.
Then the interview day came. (Be informed that it is so much easier going for interviews when you are, for the lack of a better word, jobless. Haha. Tak payah nak amik cuti or MC ke apa.)
Then the interview day came. (Be informed that it is so much easier going for interviews when you are, for the lack of a better word, jobless. Haha. Tak payah nak amik cuti or MC ke apa.)
As I step foot into this building, I was wow-ed buy its all
glass interior.
Interview began before a panel of 4 – all of whom I was told
that they were the Executive Directors of differing departments. It went well,
if I may say, Alhamdulillah. So I was hoping to get through to the next stage.
Little did I know that there were three stages of interviews
– 1st stage was the one before the panel, 2nd stage
interview was done by an external consultant which its interview had nothing to
do with the organization or work-related experience but all IQ/EQ test (this
stage was quite gruelling – it took 4 hours of series of endless questions!)
followed by the 3rd stage where I was required to do an online
aptitude test; then later medical check-up (they even took blood samples!) and
getting reference letters from former superior and a friend.
Tedious? Yes! This whole process took a little bit more than
a month to be completed! Clearly it ain’t easy to get into this organization.
Phew!
What surprised me the most was I was given a better position than
that I have applied for, syukur Alhamdulillah. Rezeki Khaisah :)
I reported duty on 2nd May 2012 and so far, I’m
loving this place. The place is beautiful, the people here are so friendly, no
senior-junior shiz, flexi hours etc. The work is do-able, though I may have to
do a lot of reading still. I’ve never felt this ‘useful’ day in day out for a
long time and though it has only been a month, I have been exposed to a lot of
things. Hello, I even attended a course on Bonds! How crazy is that? It never occurred
to me that I’ll be indulging myself in capital market industry.
This place challenges me to better myself. I can feel it.
Let’s just hope that this feeling will last long (cause I may have spoken too
soon hahaha!)
3 comments:
Congrats Za...
Semoga dipermudahkan segala urusan..insyallah. amin :)
Alhamdulillah :)
I'm loving the place too, did my training for 6 weeks there, I really wish I can work there as well! (I must say the nursery is a plus point for a working mother <3)Alhamdulillah to the rezeki given by Him!
Congrats! :)
is it SC or Central Bank ?
Post a Comment