Friday, 27 April 2012
A Brief Update.
In case you have been wondering what I've been up to since the day I quit my job, I've been literally, spending every minute I have doing exactly what I should be doing which is .. spending time with my baby. It almost feels like I'm in my confinement period/maternity leave days again where everything seems like a routine that I never get bored of. Waking up a huge grin with four teeth right in your face, bathing and feeding her in between, cook her meals, clean the room, take a shower, go online, maybe go out a little albeit with a tight budget in hand. Nope, I am neither bored nor sick of this endless job called "Stay At Home Mom" or "SAHM" because I get to see her recent developments and discoveries that I may be missing out on should I still be working. I know this "temporary" leave is for a brief period as you all might have known, I need moolah to pay my bills. Gahh. Wouldn't it be just amazing should money fall from the sky or can be plucked from trees? Wishful thinking certainly is a hopeful dream, isn't it?
Anyways, besides spending time with Khaisah, I've been cooking, a lot. And baking too. I guess all these while I have no drive to cook cause of the lack of time at home and the moment I get home, all time's channeled for the lil bub and nothing else. So this free time around I've been trying out one recipe to another. From cauliflower cheese casserole to roast chicken with roast potatoes, sauteed asparagus to salmon brocolli cheese, a number of pastas - stir fried pesto with seafood and chicken as meat, marinara, arabiatta, carbonara, etc. I even cooked Padang food which include ayam pop, kentang and tempe masak cili and bendi rebus! I was always nervous of the outcome yet so excited to taste them at the same time and alhamdulillah, all tasted just as how it should be, only with minor lackings here and there. Guess it's really true what my mom used to say, "Masak ni kena rajin try selalu, baru jadi perfect." Yes mom, I could not agree more. And oh yea, to personally satisfy my sweet tooth cravings I made red velvet cakes and brownies. I have yet to cross out baking carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for now though and I'm left with another week till ... I start working.
Yes, I'll be starting work insya Allah next Wednesday, the 2nd of May. I will leave this story pending for the moment and allow your imagination run wild. Right now, my baby's calling for milk time so good night ladies and gents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
best dapat dok umah lame beb..how i wish i cud stay at home n see my babies growing up each day...heheheheeh :)
2 months to go..and im so scaredddddddddd
all the best for ur new job :)
Thanks Nadya! All the best with your pregnancy and delivery insya Allah :)
Zaza cantik...
How did u make the cauliflower cheese casserole? Share recipe pls ;)
Post a Comment