I'm sure you'd like to know how did it all happen kan?
Well, like all other stories, my period came late, like 2 weeks kinda late. Being that my menstruation cycle had gone haywire for a bit after I got married, I decided to just take a chill pill and wait for the red flag to come. In the mean time, I was forever hungry, constantly finding food to munch, became a binger, literally, restless and always tired, wait no.. make that exhausted. My husband was always asking me to take the pregnancy test but I politely declined every time. It's not that I didn't want to know, I just didn't like the idea of "false alarms", just like what I experienced in the previous months.
So one day, my eldest cousin lectured me into the effects of ignoring the baby's existence (if it does exists) and its needs of various proper supplements, vitamins yadayada. It was then that I realized that it had been more than 14 days late and they (Hashley and my cousin) were right. I must check pronto.
Hashley was out when I decided to do this. Texted him to get the pregnancy test kit. Went to bed and the next morning came. As much as I try to remain calm, I was anxious to the t! Took the test and ... tadaa, double bars!
Hashley quickly said, "Sayang, you pregnant la."
I went, "Tak kot .. maybe tipu benda ni.. maybe I should check again during lunch break.."
Hashley "Okay, tapi you memang pregnant.." (with a face excited tapi trying to tahan ehehe)
At lunch, I bought 2 more pregnancy kits. One was Clearblue, the other Dip and Tell. Clearblue showed the "+" (positive) sign and the latter showed a negative result. Hah! Still in doubt, I was.
We then decided to just head on to the clinic for a proper check up after work and long story cut short, I am pregnant. In fact, 6-7 weeks pregnant when we found out. Hello, dah nak masuk 2nd month! That's like 7 months away from labour. Haha (c'mon, it's every woman's fear and excitement altogether :))
When we got home, I told my mom, my sister and Bibik of the result. My sister went crazy, jumping up and down, my mom was too happy I have no idea how to describe her face. Hehe. Others were equally happy and gave us their prayers too.
Hashley and I decided that it's best to pay the gynae for a visit and a proper check up. We went to DSH to meet up with my mom's gynae who's now my gynae, did the ultrasound, was consulted on what to eat, what not to eat, what I can do and what I should avoid doing etc. Oh, the gynae confirmed that I was 6 weeks pregnant and I'm due end of July :) I was given Folic Acid, told to drink 1 glass of full cream milk (at least milk) everyday and most of all, to avoid sushi. I was like, sushi? No wayyyyyyyyyy. I love sushi! How to refrain from eating sushi for 9 months?? But for baby's sake, I will try my best *amin*
Went back home, feeling so surreal over the news, elated yet anxious. Aaahh it's like all emotions crumbled up into one. All I could think of was I can't thank Allah enough for this rezeki. This is something that no money can buy. Hanya Allah can give this to you. I pray that we will be safe through out this entire journey. May I become the best mom that my baby can ask for, insya Allah :)
14 comments:
Zaza!!! congratulation!!!!
*tetiba excited nak cepat kawin haha*
can't wait !!! xxx
GOSH SO HAPPY FOR YOU ZAZA!! CONGRATULATIONS dear <3
lisa: thanks hunn! haa cepat cepat :)))
mel: thanks babes! missin you loads xxx
ami: thanks ami! i truly appreciate it! do pray for us k! hope you're well and kickin' :)
congrats zaza! my edd will be the end of july too..but my baby bump mcm besar gilaaaa haha
anyway, i'm happy for you
i told u can my dear??
hehehe, nways, mids was telling me that u werent feeling well, n i ckp dkt dia, mesti u preggers.. skali betul!!
hehehe.. nways, dont forget to buy the 'expecting book'..
all the best, and enjoy it!! <3
Hi! Been a silent readers for the past 2 weeks. Anyway, Congratulations! Hope you'll blog bout your pregnancy journey soon :)
:) *jumping up & down*
Can't wait for the baby to comeeeee :) & I can't wait to throw our first baby shower!!!! :) excited sgt! :)
be safe & take care of yourself & your baby, mama :)
yaya: really? congrats to you too hunn! so far my bump tak besar sangat hehe. macam cinonet je :)
tiks: lol, hebat you nya instinct babe! i have two pregnancy books with me already - one is pregnancy week by week (forgot the name of the author) and one was given my boss - it's in Malay with all nasihat, petua and ayat Al-Quran in it :)
shifa: hi dear! thanks for popping by :) insya Allah will try my best to do so. do keep on reading ya?
dot: tell me about it, i can't wait too! will def engage PLT for my baby's akikah and birthday parties! insya Allahhhhhh aminnnnn :)
Congratulations! :) You must do a monthly baby bump update!
So excited for you!!
congrates dear! =)
zaza, i did post a congratulation note to you in one of the baby post but i guess it didnt get through.
so, here it goes...
congratulations my dear!!! im so happy for you and your husband. take cr of your health. mom's health reflects the baby's health. take this opportunity to read and research on topics like 'respecting children as independent being'. magda gerber is a good read!
i know you'll have plenty of information on 'how to take care', 'the trimesters' and the 'developmental milestones' from families and friends :)
you will be a great mom :)
fie: thanks so much! will try my best to update as much as possible :)
ieza: thank you!
umi: you did? anyhow, thank you so much! for the well wishes and the advise. if you have any other interesting reads besides the one you suggested and the regular pregnancy articles, do let me know. i'll be more than happy to read :)
Post a Comment