Which means, do you speak French?
Just so you know, I learned the language, not once, but twice! Once I did whilst waiting for SPM results at The Language House in Section 17 and the second time was during the first year of uni itself.
Since I was pretty much "familiarized" with the language before I learned at my uni, the second time was effortless. It was like doing ABCs in kindie for me (flips hair haha) I never failed for once, scored all the time, in fact I never sat for more 45 minutes to complete the exam papers. Mind you, we are entitled for (almost) 3 hours. And when results came out, it was always A+ and that really helped me in getting good GPAs each semester.
But ever since I stopped learning and speaking, the proficiency just went kaput. My French is now rusty, in the sense that I am incapable of formulating sentences and trying to speak them at one time. Though I am still able to read the language, my spoken French is a gone case. Plain awful!
These foreign language teachers will always tell you that you are to practice speaking to others who know the language in order for you to be skillful and proficient in it too.
Oh maynn, guess I gotta brush up on the language and start speaking again. But who to speak to?! I have to live in Paris for 3 months lah like this.

6 comments:
wow u can speak french? cool! how about writing your blogposts in french? with english translation of course hehe for us people to read :D
za, it is SO true!!! I went for japanese classes before for about 2 and a half years...time tu, mmg hebatsss...but now...sama la mcm you.
you know what, it is a good reason for you to go for another honeymoon in Paris...kn??*peace*
trey bien! i just started taking up the class too =) it's harder than Spanish but I like how it sounds so sexyy hehehe
ami: i used to babe. no longer can now. writing blogposts in french tu boleh kot tapi ayat ayat simple. buat malu je orang baca nanti but maybe after i have brushed up i'll do it. in a way, it's practicing too kan? :)
syaida: kan? we have to speak to remember the language. if not, hancursss. hehe. haa itu lah dia, tapi next year la nampaknya hahaha.
diha: if you don't mind me correcting you, it's tres bien. hehe. it's actually supposed to be easier than spanish dear cause the words they used are like english language, only sexier haha :) where are you learning babe?
u shd get hash to do it with u! then u guys can have days when ud juz speak 100% french with one another. another couple-y thing to do ;)
nass: i doubt it he wants to learn french. lol.
Post a Comment