Friday, 12 November 2010
This and That.
How have you guys been? Swell, I hope.
Forgive me for being a bit on the inactive side on updating. My hands are tight up and my time just passed me by in a jiff. I blame it all on work and the extra work now that I have to juggle quite a few things in hand, nevertheless lovin it so far.
Alhamdulillah, Laiesa's doing not too bad for a start and so do the wedding rentals and hand bouquet orders. I wasn't expecting much from all these though, but thank you so much to my ardent customers for the remarkable feedbacks.
Besides all that jazz, in case you've been wondering what I've been up to, besides work, well .. last week I managed to catch up with my former uni mates over dinner at Sunway Pyramid. They're my coursemates back when I was doing my degrees and two of them came all the way from Kota Bharu and one from Kota Kinabalu. We had an early birthday celebration for Nins since her birthday was just around the corner, apart from hogging the mall in a group just like those days during our teenage times when we used to go to shopping malls with our cliques. Lol. On that day too was when I was given two awesome possum belated birthday presents from my uni besties :) Thanks girls.
And last weekend I was invited to the Islamic Fashion Festival in conjunction of the recent MIFA at JWW Marriott. The theme was Moghul India so it was something like Moroccan meets Indian in between. Was clad in the multitone caftan dress which I designed myself and invited Nurule to come with me. I thought of no one else to invite but her - since she's an inspiring hijabi. Some people in fact asked if I am a fashion designer myself and made me stand up and explain the dress that I was wearing. It was funny yet quite an honour being that I am not a fashionista even :) I'm glad I went since it was rather an 11th hour decision to go. I was having a massive migraine the night before and a bad tummy in the morning. Tthe designers' collections were beyond beautiful. I now have more ideas to make my baju kurung / caftan / jubah. Will prolly post up pictures later. Btw, if you did go and saw PSF's collection, the models were my sister and my cousin :)
Oh, have you guys tried Serai @ Empire's pavlova? My gosh, they have the best pavlova in town. Beat that, Alexis or Delicious. I've been eating pavlova all my life but this is by far, the best! The taste is perfect - not too sweet, not too creamy and defo not too much going on. I'm heading there again sometime next week for a girly dinner with Tt and Nurule, perhaps Sherry too and come next time, I'm aiming for the choc lava instead. Ooh, I can't wait for that. I'm such a sucker for desserts like that.
The recent movie that I watched was Life As We Know It acted by Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel. Though the movie was a tad draggy, I loved it. I loved it cause Josh Duhamel's in it and him playing as a father (figure ish) just got me there - you know .. on cloud nine. Hee.
Pay check's in early this month. I bought 2 things only (from my last month's small wish list). I hope NOT to buy anything on impulse and so far I'm doing a great job *pats my own back* I gotta save since we're planning to head on to Singapore next month.
This weekend? I gotta hunt for some flowers, maybe new stocks for Laiesa, cook for husband & family, oh ... this and that.
Ttyl guys, have a fun weekend!
xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ha ha ha... i remembered masa dieorg siap suruh u inform dieorg kalau u r going to stand so that they could look at ur kaftan. so cute!!! lepas tu dieorg mcm ohhh. ahhh so amazed dgn ur kaftan. he he
tu la kelakar gila kan haha. happy perky people betul diorang tu :)
post lar ur baju cepat! ;-) tapi honest za, baju baju anda sume cantik-cantik.
baju?
Post a Comment