Friday, 9 July 2010

The Solemnization - A Love Story.


I know I have been m.i.a for a fairly long time in the blogosphere. It's either I'm tad a bit too occupied with a looooott of things or I've just been plain uninspired to write. Nak blog malas, nak kemas bilik malas, nak shampoo rambut pun malas, the only thing I'm rajin about is makan. With all the current happenings and changes, I've got quite too much on my plate already. Trust me, I've never procrastinated this bad. It's so severe! Pfft.

Anyways enough yakking and in this post, I'd like to share with you on my day, the day when my bestboyfriendfiance and I turned into man and wife. A continuation from the previous entries, here's the story..

It was already 5th June, 2010 on a Saturday morning. I remember waking up at dawn with a feeling so pleased despite the accidental drama few hours before. As I walked towards my room, I saw two of my dearest friends Ems & Adeq sleeping on the carpet in the living hall, with just one pillow each and no blankets in the cold chilly weather in the wee hours of the day. I thought they must have been exhausted trying to fix my hantaran. Took a blanket and covered them up and walked into my room. That is love in friendship, peeps. Real friends who'd do and go to the extreme just to make us happy, and indeed, I was happy. Even if the hantarans looked bad, I didn't care. I felt the love. As soon as I stepped foot into my room, voila, the hantarans (wedding gifts) were beautifully made up! Kem, Aunty Leeta, Uncle Musa, Ems & Adeq (the 24 hours Team I call them) did it! Within 5 hours, the hantaran transformed from an ugly ducking to a beautiful swan! I couldn't help myself but to smile broadly :) Thank you 24 Hours Team, you guys gave me a good kick start to the day and I can't thank you enough.

After that I went downstairs to take a look at the wedding dais to see whether all has been set and properly placed and of course, not to my worry, Kem nailed it! He did the dais precisely in accordance to what I asked for and what I am in truth. Simply chic. Très chic, without a doubt. All white background with white silverish fairy lights, three tall white branches with multiple tones of posey pink roses and eustomas at the back and two roots of the same on the left and right side of the dais. That's it. That's all I ever wanted. I was never into grandiose sort of dais because people will lose focus. The main subject is the bride and groom and not the dais and if you over do it, you'll be squinting to see the newlyweds because there's just too many to see. So less is always more.

I subsequently took my shower and etc, got dressed and exactly at 8 a.m., Kak Liza (my make up artist) came. It took her 2 hours to made me up. I felt like a princess, corny I know but I really did feel that. Just ask for anything and people around you will do absolutely everything for you. Hehe. And her make up, my my, Allah knows how much I loved it. Prolly the best look I got from all functions. She's really good, no kids! In fact, she was heavily pregnant with a baby girl whilst working on me. Bravo and congratulations on your newborn Kak Liza! Sure cantik macam Kak Liza jugak :)

Qudyn was already at my place while I was in the midst of making up. He hung the akad attire up, properly placed the veil on the bed, took out my wedding shoes and whatever it is that you need him to help you out with. He's one helluva designer, I kid you not. His PR is fantastic. Mana nak dapat designer duduk tunggu you make up, siapkan you, jaga baju you, tunggu you tukar baju, siapkan balik, friendly, polite and mulut tak 'bersepah'? I must say that I got lucky with Qudyn, syukur Allah gave me the luck to make my attires with him. Qudyn is not only 100% recommended, but 200% recommended! Now my family treats him like family. Ajak BBQ etc haha. Thanks for making me feel extra special with the extra beautiful attires especially my akad nikah attire, Qudyn!

At this time, I was still calm and collected, just happy to be all dolled up. But as soon as I heard the emcee announcing "Mengumumkan ketibaan rombongan pengantin lelaki", I went all restless and fidgety to the core! It was only me, my sister, Qudyn, Kak Liza, Kak Jo, Kak Eca and Kak Sue apart from the photographers and videographer in the room and we were nervous sama-sama. Being the emotional bottler lol, of course I managed to keep all the anxiety and stress in. I was smiling all the way. Haha. TBB!

I was then called to go downstairs to witness and be part of the ceremony. Kak Jo held my hand as we descend the 20 steps red carpet stairs. From then on, my sister was beside me through it all.

It was my brother who became my wali to akadkan Hashley and I. As you all know, he's the next in line for wali since my father and paternal grandfather have passed away. He was determined to do it but god knows how anxious we were when he said he'd do it. If you know my brother personally, you will well enough understand why I said this. He's playful and so tak serious so when he suddenly said that he want to do it, we went like, "Betul ke awak ni?". Of course he said yes. And trust me, he had to answer this question to all the uncles and aunties hehe. Semua orang tak convinced. Sian diaaaa. But it was really, really sweet of you abang to have done this for me. Putting aside your annoying behaviours, i love youuu hehehe!

Back to the story. Dengan sekali lafaz, my brother did the ijab and Hash did the kabul, Alhamdullilah. We are now husband and wife, soulmates for life, insya Allah. The first thing that gushed through my mind was, Allah is great, I am now a wife. My bestfriend is now my husband. If not for the make up on my face and the inability to stop crying once I start crying, I would have cried real bad. I was teary but not really tearing :( I'm just so batu like that. Sighh. But everyone around me was crying, I see Hashley crying real bad, my mom and bibik especially. I was saddened yet so happy at the same time I just felt like bursting with all emotions at once. All I had in my mind was I love you and you and you and you and everyone else so dearly. They have poured in effort, love, sincerity and sacrifices that I don't think I am able to repay in kind or cash but merely humble prayers to Allah to repay their kindness on my behalf. Again, this is love. Love between family members. The kind of love that is immortal. I know Papa was there too.

It was now time for Upacara Membatalkan Air Sembahyang. Hash gave me Al-Quran and Tasbih first, mas kahwin second and my beloved ring, last. Hash looked real handsome in off white Baju Melayu Johor and we felt as if it was the first time we met each other, well technically hehe. We neither met for 2 weeks nor talk on the phone for a week prior to the wedding so I'm pretty sure that those weeks were long enough for us to handle. Lol. This whole transition or fruition of Hashley and I is like a movie, a love drama but it's real. It's so awe-inspiring and overwhelming, I never knew I could fall in love with this man so deeply and be married to the one person I thought will remain as my bestfriend forever. But Allah is great, he gave me more rezeki. He turned my bestfriend into my husband. Alhamdulillah.

This is real love. The kind that I will hold on to with my might for eternity. I love you Say. You're my forever ♥

2 comments:

aimiee said...

:) i like a lot. :)

Zaznuriah said...

hee thanks aims!