Taken from the official alumni page. Duhh.On the 15th November 2009, the official SSP Alumni (created via the [great] advent of Facebook) organized a birthday bash cum reunion dinner for all past and present students and teachers of the distinguished school at Dewan Perdana Felda, Jalan Semarak, KL. It was a one night affair for 780 guests and of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world! (even if I had to loan from Fara first haha). And allow me to put forward my main reason of going which was to meet my primary school teachers I haven't met for the past 12 years, solely for the purpose of reconnecting and keeping in touch for future purposes. Period. No hanky panky reasons like ... hehehe. You think yourself lah :p
As we arrived, 'we' meaning Fara, Fars, Dot, Ems and I, we realized that we were the only ones from batch '97! (excluding Syada) Hello, what ever happened to the other hundreds? You should have been there and that includes you Hashley. Lol. It's a must do this event again and get a whollata 90-ers to come because if you had been there, the hall was swarmed with former students from the 70s and 80s. They literally conquered the night, leaving small "children" like us behind. Boo. Don't you realize that as you grow older, you tend to value these sorta things more and make way to attend to these functions. Unlike the youngsters, semua taksub dengan kehidupan sekarang je. Geddit? Thank God for going. At least, we proved at least 1% of the statement wrong, didn't we? Omaigod dah tua. Hehe.
There were distinguished guests that were part of the SSP family too like Datin Sofea Jane, Dato' Mukhriz Mahathir (okay Ems, he's not bad looking la. I was wrong. haha), Norman KRU, Gary Thanesan to name a few. The event was huge, I'd say. From prize giving to performances by ex-students, from school merchandise sales to lucky draws, you name it. We didn't waste time (apart from Fars pestering us to cepat jumpa cikgu hehe) eating or talking to each other that night but instead we took numerous pictures with the teachers we haven't met in ages. Not forgetting to exchange phone numbers and what not. One moment that I will remember for the rest of my life (among others) was when Mrs. Ng (my Standard 4 Math teacher) kept on repeating that she remembers me and her saying, "Aiyo.. you never changed, even for a bit!" It was such a surreal feeling to see her. How can I ever forget her? She threw my book outside the class just because I miscalculated some equations. Hahaha. And guess who I met that night, Cikgu Murad! Gila suka cikgu tu okay. Not suka, as in crush suka the like, suka sebab he was like the best cikgu sekolah ever! :)) I was happy. Very happy indeed to see them all.
And so I heard that this dinner will be made annually. Can't wait to attend to the next one and perhaps we could try to convince the others from batch 97 to come. Yays!
Thanks to the organizing committee to have gathered an extensive number of people and organizing a great event, although much can be improvised for the upcoming one :) Most of all, thanks Facebook, for if it wasn't for you, this might not have been possible! Wundebar!
If you don't love your school, I guess it's safe to say that you've got some serious case going on. Hehe. I LOVE MY SCHOOL AND THAT INCLUDES SRI AMAN TOO! :)))







No comments:
Post a Comment