Sunday, 12 July 2009

Wedding Bells Are Ringing, Wedding Bells Are Ringing, Ding Dong Bell, Ding Dong Bell :)

Like Hudaa said last night, "Are there anyone else getting engaged/married that I should know?" and my answer was, "Hmm..let me see.." (I actually had to take a few seconds back to think who else did I miss. "Nope, said it all," was my last sentence.

You see, once you've stepped into the real (read: working) world, girls my age onwards will be bombarded with questions about marriage and the like. For example, "Bila awak nak kahwin?", "Awak dah ada boyfriend belum? Kalau takde, aunty nak kenalkan dengan anak/nephew/cucu aunty..", "Haa kalau dah ada boyfriend tu kenapa tunggu-tunggu lagi, tak baik tunggu lama-lama, kahwin la za.."- among the famous quotations I can recall.

Becoming the age of 24 has brought me to this place, with these sort of questions and rhetorical witty remarks. Hehe. The later half of the year has begun and I have at least, 3 engagements and 3 weddings to attend and that is exclusive of any invitations coming from the family or family friends from all over the country and of course, those which I have attended.

So here I am, acknowledging every upcoming engagements or weddings, and not (yet) to share my very own, personal wedding stories.

Just next week will be my dearest cousin Kamal's wedding with Kak Tinie in Johor. Akin to a brother, my crying shoulder is getting married, finally hehe, and am very happy for him. Congratulations Mally!

The next month will be
Sha's engagement (tak sabarrr!) and so is Nadira's too. I can't believe that Sha's getting engaged in less than one month! How time flies so fast! Tapi sian dia, she's so busy with her housemanship that I heard from Dottie that she doesn't have time to even think about her receptions. Sian kannn. Gila tau kerja 40 hours straight. If it was me, I yang dah mati dulu. But she knows she has us to help her out with everything, lest to be worried of any difficulties.

A lecturer of mine's grand reception will be held in August at Sheraton Subang and his wedding planner is Aunty Su of
Sonia Sofia Bride Ideas (LOVE her work!). I can't wait for that to come too!

The next occasion is in October, which will be
Tikah's engagement and end of the year will make her wedding reception in Johor for her side and in Kajang for Midi's. The love story of these two love birds is really cute, I think because the groom is really, really cute (gebu tau!) hehehehe! I know Tikah is happily beaming, walking on cloud nines and being so excited about it, even I can feel it just by reading her blog :)

And oh, not forgetting a colleague's wedding in Kedah in the same month (Penang here I come, baby!) Hehe.

What about me? Let's just wait for Wedding Bells Part Two. Hehehe.

Ding dong bell, ding dong bell.. ^_^

2 comments:

threeORANGES.. said...

hehehe...i want to know all bout urs plaks... tak best plan dgn mids jer. need womenly advise also..

;) *wink..

Zaznuriah said...

hehe wait aaa :)