So Bangkok was brilliant! Like seriously, brilliant. Please note the significance.
Futuristic airport, huge and star wars-ish. I think it's actually built for the future. Lol. Although the picture below doesn't do much justice to how I describe it, you need to see it for yourself to believe what I have got to say here.
Hotel rates are effortlessly affordable. Two nights for a (to be taken seriously) room costs about rm200++ only.
The second picture is a picture of me in front of my hotel : Ecotel Bangkok Hotel, Pratunam.
The third is taken from the second hotel I stayed at on the last night. It's on the other side of the Chao Phraya river (not much shopping on that side though), Royal River Hotel.
Bangkok's clean, like much cleaner than kl. It's convenient and easy breezy. This place is in Pratunam, the place I stayed at while I was there for the first two nights. It's somewhat like our hmm Petaling Street kot tapi clean gilaa. No issue of geli kotor sampah sarap serabai! Look closely.
Thais are friendly and extremely helpful especially to those who are clueless about the ins and outs of the city, although their language is a barrier and communication skills is a slight problem, but they try very hard to make you understand what they are trying to say. She (the lady below) had difficulties in negotiating and answering to our bargains and what not but still, she tried hard.
Transportation ain't a problem at all. Tuk tuk rides, taxis, trains and buses are at your service at anytime of the day. Cabs are new, colourful (purple and pink!) and squeaky CLEAN! There are none, zilch, no stupid as* potholes on the road. So your car tyres tak cepat rosak, hence less money for maintenance of your car/bike/even your bicycle. Haha.
Muslim food are within reach, a lot in quantity but cheap. Tom yam nak sedap je kan. Hehe. Whoever told me that getting food there is a problem, babe, seriously, I think the problem is you, you don't know where to find stuff. Lol.
There are many, many, many tourist spots IN the city itself. You can have a whole album of the city alone. Unlike kl, you have to go outside of the city to see other (or more) things besides the twin towers, kl tower or whatever else towers, palace and parliament that we have. Cabaret show, city tour - palaces, monument, parliament house, united nations, ministries, government departments, chulalongkorn uni, china town, wood carving, elephant feeding, yada yada yada.. but my personal favourite would be the tour to Damnern Saduak Floating Market. I enjoyed myself very, very much there.
Last but definitely not least, SHOPPING IS A F*ING MADNESS! Jatuchak (but pronounced as Cha-tu-chak) was the place I had gone crazy. I bet a hundred grand if you don't. Hehe.
Anyhoos, I assure you that Bangkok has a lot to offer. I loved it a lot. I checked out airasia tickets to Bkk the very next day I got back home. Haha what a desperado. Hope the blog was a bit of help should you ever decide to head to the City of Angels :) (For more info, http://www.bangkok.com/ will be able to assist you.)
In the mean time, do check out http://www.allthatfash.blogspot.com/. If you fancy something, nudge me baby! *wink*
Toodles.
9 comments:
good info.now i'm thinking of travel in BKK pulak.hehe
babe, jom gi kitaa2 ramai2 pls... dah la murah! adui. tergoda pulak
jom!!! july kan????
I loved bangkok too! heheh i pon cam baru did an entry on bangkok, somewhat...
joooommmss!!!
Berjaya influence korang. Yayyyyyy!
babe yeah chatuchak is totally shopping haven! hahaah.. i pun macam gila la there! there's everything u never though u could find! amazing! hehehe...
i like bangkok too. you x gi grand palace ke? nice mix of thai and western archi.
tp i x sempat gi mak yah restaurant tu. win some, lose some i guess. hehe
neway, congrats on the new job!
maria: exactly! best gilaaa. im so going there again! hehe.
din: i passed by je. they said cannot masuk anymore. so tak masuk la. hehe. and thanks dear! :)
Post a Comment