Sunday, 21 September 2008

Finally, time remembers me.

I promised to blog about my birthday party. Actually, I promised to write on a lot of things.as I've been extremely busy off late. Deadlines and assignments have been my most (un)welcomed guests. Clearly I have been attending and giving my sole attention to them both I swear, if they were my lovers, they would feel extremely loved. Lol. Nevertheless, as I enjoy doing my work very much, lets not complain now. Teehee. After all, only 5 weeks of classes left. So shadap zaza. Haha.

Okay this is going to be a long post :)

Coming back to the birthday celebration. On the 6th September, I turned 23. THE age that I've been anticipating just because. I happen to like the number 23 for no apparent reason, or maybe good things always happen to me on the 23rd. It's queer but it really is the truth. Hehe. Anyhoo, I was asked as to what I intend to do / how I want my birthday to be like this year and I answered, "I want nothing more than to just be with my mainstays (family), spend time with the bestfriends I haven't been celebrating with for many years, hanging out with the BGFFs (best-girlfriends-forever) and their other halves - my BILs (bestfriend-in-laws), meet those good friends I barely have time to neither see nor keep in touch (the mafias). Not forgetting my Uitm besties. Nothing extravagant, just a simple hanging out getting together session. That's it. That's what I want for my birthday."

However, on that particular day, we (my classmates and I) were informed that we had a Corporate Law test. We were to be tested on the whole syllabus and I haven't read a single word. Darn. Baru ingat nak happy happy tengok tengok kena study. So I thought, right, this year's birthday macam mellow abit. But, as I got to the exam hall, we found out that the test was a take home test! Pfffft! I burnt my midnight candle, worried sick about the test, not enjoying the midnight bday wishes and texts and in the end, tak ada test! Geram gilaa. After an hour and fifteen minutes of class, I dragged Hash to take me to the IT store in Cineleisure and Digital Mall to get my laptop's adapter. We then proceeded to Pasar Ramadhan in Section 14 - I wanted to eat Kerabu Pucuk Paku so badly but to no avail. Semua orang makan kerabu that day kot. Lol. I also bumped into Wanie and she accidentally blurted something she wasn't supposed to - I got the hint that there was a surprise for me that weekend but I wasn't sure as to when, where and who was involved. I pretended as though I didn't understand what she was saying (although I very much did hehe) and she warned me not to inform anyone, especially Lina. Hehe. Oh, Ayu (Lina's bestfriend) also broke the news regarding a birthday celebration but I guess Allah was trying to hide that from me I still had no idea that there was a surprise going on whatsoever on that weekend.

I must note that when we were at Pasar Ramadhan, Hash and I got into a little fight over something really stupid and embarassing (of which I shall not disclose here) I was upset over something which is so baseless, I was fuming like a walking time bomb! Only to find that it was all a cover up la kan.

As I got home in the state of anger, Kak Shanna and Zabran was at the door. So was my mom. They were acting rather peculiarly but due to the fact that I was not in the best mood that I can be, I didn't notice the peculiarities. Lol. Kak Shanna tried to stall me, but I just said I wanted to get inside and put my stuff in the room. As I was getting inside the house, suddenly.. BANG! SURPRISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (or SAPPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAISSSS! according to EMA hehe) and this was how i looked like when it hits me!

Shocked. Confused. Super happy! My mom was behind this too?? God,, I swear I had absofrigginlutely no idea! I remember Arshad jumping and shouting so loudly comel gila. Haha. Ema screaming her head's off. Lol. Nurul muka kalut dia. Comel la. ADEQ!!!! Whom I haven't met in years! Aaaaaa! I was extremely overwhelmed with your presence! My BGFFs and other halves, Agus! (So sweet kembarku datang sekali!) Titi Nurul and Sherryyyyy! They were there too! Pandai gila semua tipu! Hahaha. They were all clad in baju kurungs and jubah, omeyyyy arrrr (comel la in our [Ems & I] baby language haha). And then I realized that the argument that I had with Hash was actually over nothing. Haha. He was trying to stall me from the birthday and I foolishly thought he was hiding something from me. Malu gila and I felt SO bad! Sorry Hash :))))

My house was decorated in black and white balloons, tissues and polaroid pictures all over the dining table. Here are some of the pictures at the very beginning of the surprise.



Nice kan? :D They did a pot luck. Kuih sampan (aka tepung pelita hehehe), seafood spaghetti, pasta, popiah, all sorts of kuih muih, bibik's homecooked asam pedas with lauk-lauk, delicacies and what not. Banyaaaaak! Of course, thanks girls for the lovely zebra cake! Memang awesheeem ahh hehehe. Not forgetting Abang for my favourite chocolate cake and Aunty Picha for the sangatlah sedap cheesecake! I'm so terharu my heart just wants to explode!

After buka puasa and solat maghrib, we (more like 'they') played a round of Cranium. Everyone except for Titi, Nurul, Sherry and Nabil joined in for the fun. I only did one guess to Adan doing a Beyonce. Hehehe. Bising gilaa diorang main but who cares la kan. It's my place. It's my friends. Bising tak bising, we're so happy with each other. (If you have a problem with that, so be it. Hehe. Okay lari topic) Aaaaanyways, I never thought Adan would do that! (Go Farissa! You taught him well! Lol!) I was entertaining those who weren't playing including Faisal and Pillah who came much later. Comel gila diorang makan. Semangat! I was excited looking at them both eating. Boleh buat gang la kan pergi buffet. Hehehe.

Alan and Hafiz were the (so I want to jumpa) latecomers. Hafiz had the cheek to lie to me earlier in the evening to ajak minum only to find that haa jom minum kat rumah la kan. Hehehe. Thank you guys for coming! If only Haz, Aizat, Faliq and Adam were around (I dunno what happened to them. I only knew that Haz couldn't make it).

Hash told me that my firm mates were invited but they already had plans for that day. Takpe, we had our little celebration over Carls Jr the other day :)

Much later, I was called downstairs to do the very last bit of the game. Tapi saya ditipu! Hehe. I saw a box that looked very much like a cupcake box with something in it. I peeped through and there it was! My NEW BABY POLLY! Yayyyyyyyyy! Hehehe. That was my birthday present from them. A Fujifilm Instax Mini 7s Instant Camera! It was not a surprise to me that I was going to get that as I begged Nurul to get me that. Hahaha. Tak maluu. But I didn't think la jadi kan because they twisted the story and made it sound like I won't get it. Yayness gilaaa! :D Thank you so so much! This is a picture of me with my polly:


Adoi. How to thank semua orang ni??

Mama and the family crew: thank you so much for everything from the bottom of my heart and soul, thank you. I love you Ma, (Pa), everyone in the house. Sayang sangat sangatttttt! ♥

You know who are, thank you so much to each and everyone of you who contributed for the surprise birthday party. Only Allah knows how I feel about this. I love you guys so much I really, really mean it. Words would hinder me to show how I truly feel inside. The amount of love and affection that I have for us all is too overwhelming it's beyond ordinary, beyond normal. I am so contented to be given friends like you guys, I could not and would not ask for more. Insya Allah, I pray for our friendship to remain till the end of time.

All in all, lets give a round of applause and standing ovation to Bestfriends & Co. for organizing the most wonderful birthday event ever!!

Sayangnyaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

Sigh. I am beyond contented, blessed and grateful. I may not have everything in life but with the presence of these people, it made it feel that way.

Syukur Alhamdullilah to Allah swt for giving me the chance to live the moment. You made it happen.

This was my twenty-third celebration.

8 comments:

Rashida Rafar said...

Panjangg gila zaaaaaaaa! ehehe... chumel je u ni babe! dun have to say lots and lots of thank u babes! all of these are all for u! planned just for u coz u are special to us, of course we wanna make u happy ;-)

lawan dslr? ahaha.. that was just a joke je. kasi ggrrr semuaorg! to think back, she is nice to me..why not like her jugak? at least try ;-)

pasal pasta tu, xde hal babes. nanti raya, dtg umah i ok? i masak lagi..yeay!

Zaznuriah said...

hehehe. yeap you should try. but if chemistry tak de cannot do anything la kan. hehehe.

yay of course! you dtg raya rumah i lambat sikit k. ada sapplais. hehehe.

love youuu
thankss!

threeORANGES.. said...

am soooo jelez za..

i love suprise parties sooo much..

anyways, twas your day, n u deserved it..

c u so0n..

Zaznuriah said...

thanks tiks! :) syukur alhamdullilah. c u at the faculty!

Anonymous said...

did u get your red checkered top from topshop?

Zaznuriah said...

no i didnt. i got it from an online boutique :)

Anonymous said...

ahh cool :) it seems similar to the one topshop carries.

happy belated birthday anyways :) may all is well on your side take care dear. :)

xo

Zaznuriah said...

thanks alot shafffy! :) hehe.